13 ❀

*TIME SKIP*
*AUGUST 13TH 1993*
-KATIE'S POV-

summer ended and school started a while back, and all we did was play ball, hang out by vincent's drugstore, had sleepovers in the treehouse, we even went camping together.

me and benny are still together, we made 1 month on august 4th, the boys get grossed out whenever me and benny act all lovey-dovey with each other, sometimes we do it on purpose just to make them mad which is hilarious.

andy and i are still super close, he surprisingly got a girlfriend during the summer i have no idea what her names is tho, andy always tells me but i keep forgetting.

my parents kept telling me and andy that they wanna share some big news but they're waiting until my birthday which is on august 22nd, i haven't told the boys when my birthday was, i hate talking about my birthday because i always had to spend it with johnathan which really really sucked but hopefully this year will be better.

right now i'm in 3rd period which is geometry with benny and squints, i'm sitting next to benny and squints is sitting on the other side of benny talking his ear off "hey, you okay?" benny asked causing me to snap out of my thoughts "yea i'm fine, you?" i asked looking at him "i'm fine" he said smiling then turning his attention back to squints, while i actually payed attention to what the teacher was talking about.

the bell rang and we all started packing up and walking out "finally it's lunch" i said laughing "what's today's lunch?" i asked turning to squints and benny, they both shrugged their shoulders causing me to roll my eyes. we got to the lunch table and i heard "there she isssss" i turn to look at anna running towards me with open arms, anna is my bestfriend, we became friends during the end of summer and i feel like we've been friends forever because we have so much in common, i let go of bennys hand then open my arms and let anna hug me tightly "oh my goshhhh, that class was literal hell" anna said "geometry was terrible too" i said laughing "at least we have health together" she said linking our arms together and walking with me to the table the boys were sitting at, benny and squints weren't far behind, benny sat next to me and squints sat down next to yeah-yeah "i don't wanna go to my next class" benny said putting his head on my lap "your class isn't that bad" i said playing with his hair "it's not but i have sarah in that class" he said sighing "ugh i cant stand her, she needs to find her own boyfriend" i said "i know, it's so annoying every time she tries talking to me" benny said "she's such a 'pick me' girl" anna said "i know right" me and benny said at the same time which made us laugh, we all talked at the table until the bell rang, "i'll meet you outside of your class, okay?" benny said hugging me "okay, have fun with sarah" i said teasing him "shut up" he said walking away which caused me to laugh.

i sat next to anna, like usual and we started talking not paying attention to a word the teacher was saying "girls, do i have to move your seats?" the teacher asked "no" me and anna said at the same time, the teacher rolled his eyes and continued teaching and sadly, me and anna had to pay attention, me and anna were surprisingly still listening to the teacher until we heard "hey beautiful" we both looked to see the kid named ethan, aka anna's crush, it's obvious she likes him and i always tease her about it, once i seen who it was i looked away trying not to laugh because of how red anna's cheeks looked "hey ethan" she said trying to sound calm "so i was wondering if you wanted to hangout tonight?" he asked "sure, where do you wanna go?" she asked and by the tone of her voice, i could tell she was nervous "i was thinking we could eat dinner then take a walk on the beach or something" he said sounding nervous too "yea that sounds really nice" she said "so, i'll meet you at 7?" he asked standing up "yea 7's good" she said smiling.

"don't even say it" anna said looking at me "i wasn't gonna say anything" i said smiling "bullshit" she said laughing "you guys were so nervous it's adorable" i said teasing her "shut up, you told me that you and benny used to be like that" she said teasing me "shut up" i said laughing, we turned our attention back to the teacher for the rest of the period.

we walked out of class and seen the boys waiting for us "hey" benny said hugging me "hi" i said hugging him back "how was class?" benny asked as we walked outside of the school "boring as usual, but guess what?" i asked getting excited "what?" benny asked confused "ethan aka anna's crush asked her on a date" i said excitedly "well not like a date but a hangout" i said calming down which made benny laugh "what're you laughing at?" i teased "you're so precious, did you know that?" benny asked "yea i know" i said sarcastically while rolling my eyes "this is why i never compliment you" benny said rolling his eyes too "shut up, you love me" i said lightly punching him "i guess" he said mocking me which caused me to laugh, we continued talking until anna walked beside me "i'm nervous, can you help me with my makeup?" anna asked "is that even a question, duh of course i'll help you, do you know what you're gonna wear?" i asked "no" she said freaking out "oh my gosh how do you- never mind you can wear my clothes" i said "well let's hurry up, the dates at 7" she said "one it's only 2pm and two i need to say bye to the boys" i said turning to the boys and hugging them all goodbyes "call me when you get home okay?" benny said "okay" i said kissing his cheek "ew" squints and yeah-yeah said at the same time causing me to roll my eyes.

<KATIE'S HOUSE>
-KATIE'S POV-

me and anna walked in the house and seen my mom in the kitchen "hey girls" she said not even looking at us "hey mom" we both said then looked at each and started laughing, we walked to the kitchen to see what my mom was cooking "how did you know it was us?" anna asked "cause i know you girls, anyways you girls hungry for some pancakes?" my mom asked "pancakes in the afternoon? someone's in a good mood" i said laughing "i would like some pancakes but unfortunately anna banana here cant have any" i said "why?" my mom asked "because she has a date tonight" i said teasing her again "ouu a date, with who?" my mom asked teasing her too "this boy i like, his names ethan" anna said "well, where are you guys going for this date?" my mom asked "i don't know, he said dinner then a walk on the beach" anna said "ouu have fun" my mom said laughing "and you, call benny and ask him if he wants pancakes" my mom said which made me laugh "okay" i said calling benny.

"hey, home already?" benny asked "yea and actually, mom made some of her delicious pancakes and she wants to know if you want some" i said smiling "is that even a question? i'm on my way right now" he said excitedly as he hung up which made me laugh "he's on his way" i said looking at my mom, me and anna put our bags down on the couch and walked back to the kitchen and seen benny sitting on the table "how did yo" i tried asking but got cut off "what? i love moms pancakes" benny said smiling which caused me to roll my eyes, i really loved the fact that the boys and anna looked at my mom and dad as their own, and i looked at their mom and dad as my own as well, anna ended up eating some pancakes too, my dad came home and started talking to benny about baseball, as usual while me, anna, and my mom talked about anna's date.

a/n: butter dog, the dog with the butter 🧈🐶
before the night ends i wanna wish mike a happy birthday, he won't see this but i hope he had the best day everrrrr<33