2 ❀

-BENNY'S POV-
*JUNE 10TH 1993*
it's 7:30 am and i'm getting ready to go to the sandlot, i put on jeans, a white t-shirt, my PF flyers, and to finish the look i put on my dodgers cap.

i walked downstairs to be greeted by my mom, "morning mom" i said grabbing my bat and glove "morning baby" she said looking at me "going to the sandlot already?" she asked "yea the boys are probably there already" i said "okay well be safe, i love you" she said "love you too" i said walking out the door, i closed the door and looked at katie's house, she was outside with her brother but she was sleeping, on the grass, i don't think she's a morning person, i want her to play at the sandlot with me and the boys but they would be mean, fuck it.

i walked across the street to where katie was peacefully sleeping on the grass, i bend down and slightly shake her, "katieee" i said trying to wake her up, she moved a little but she didn't wake up "she's not really a morning person" her brother said laughing at his sister on the grass i laughed with him then introduced myself to him "i'm benny and i live right across the street" i said sticking my hand out "i'm andy, her older brother" he said sticking his hand out also to shake mines "so how do you know my sister?" he questioned "oh well i seen her last night laying down in the rain, so i decided to join her" i said looking at the pretty girl sleeping on the grass, "oh was she okay?" he asked worried for his little sister "she wasn't at first but i talked to her and she was fine" i said looking back at andy "thank you for that benny, and i don't wanna sound rude but why are you here?" he asked "oh i wanted to ask katie if she wanted to come to the sandlot and play some ball with me and my friends" i said "well she does love baseball, and she is good at it" andy said looking at his sister "i'll wake her up" he said.

he then walked over the katie and slighty shook her and calling her name, like i did earlier, he finally got her to wake up and once she did she looked up at the sky then her brother, then me, she smiled and waved at me "hi benny" she said with her morning voice "hey katie" i said smiling back "what're doing here so early?" she asked calmly "i wanted to know if you wanted to come with me to the sandlot and play some ball" i said still looking at her "the sandlot?" she asked "this private field where me and my friends play some ball for fun" i said "oh okay, uh yea sure let me go get changed be right back" she said standing up and walking inside her house "how'd you do that?" her brother asked me "do what?" i asked confused "make her so calm, whenever i wake her up she hits me, and tells me to get out of her room" her brother said amazed, i laughed and said "i don't know man, i guess i'm just that good" me and andy talked until katie came out wearing jeans, an oversized t-shirt, a dodgers cap, and she had her glove in her hand.

gosh she's so beautiful
wait no she's not benny, i mean she is but you don't have time for girls, baseball is your life, not girls

she said bye to her family and started walking with me to the sandlot, "i had a lot of fun last night" i said looking down at her "me too" she smiled looking up at me then she spoke again "thank you for that by the way" she said "anytime" there was a moment of silence again until she spoke up again "i didn't know you liked the dodgers too" i looked at her again and said "yea it's my dads and my favorite team" she then laughed and said "me and my dad love the team" she said still laughing "we have a lot in common" i said laughing too "yea we do" she said.

<THE SANDLOT>
me and katie got to the sandlot, laughing at katie had just said and when the boys seen her they got mad, they don't believe that girls can play a boys sport which i think is stupid, "benny what is a girl doing on our field" i heard squints yell which caused katie's smile to disappear "shut it squints" i yelled back and started walking to the dugout but getting stopped by katie i looked at her and she said "i don't think they want me here benny" she said looking down "hey, they're stupid, don't let their hate get to you, andy said you play baseball" i started "yea" she said confused "well, show them what you can do, show them that you can play too" i said still looking at her, she sighed and said "okay" which caused me to smile.