9 ❀

*TIME SKIP*
*JULY 2ND 1993*
-KATIE'S POV-

it's been a month since benny told me how he felt about me and i thought he was gonna ask me out right then and there but he didn't, he probably thinks it was too soon or something. i'm currently in bed looking at the ceiling thinking of benny, he acted like he didn't just tell me he liked me but it wasn't awkward you know? i decided i wasn't going to the sandlot today for two reasons, one, i'm tired, and two, it's my moms off day and i wanna spend the day with her since she rarely gets off.

-BENNY'S POV-

it's been a month since i told katie i liked her and we both acted like nothing happened, actually i acted like nothing happened, i would go to her house and spend time with her and her family which was fun but kinda awkward considering we confessed our feelings for each other but i'm planning on asking her out on the fourth of july during our night game, i got out of bed and got ready for the sandlot, as i started walking to katie's house i noticed her moms car home, i knocked on the door and katie's mom opened it "hi benny" she said "hi mrs.adams, is katie here?" i asked "yes but she's sleeping right now, is it important?" she asked "uh no not really but when she does wake up can you remind her to come to the sandlot?" i asked "sure thing, have a nice day benny" she said "you too mrs.adams" i said walking away as she closed the door.

<THE SANDLOT>
-STILL BENNY'S POV-

"where's your girlfriend?" yeah-yeah teased from the dugout "one, she's not my girlfriend yet, and two, she's sleeping" i said walking to the dugout "yet? you're planning on asking her out?" bertram asked "yea on the fourth of july during our night game" i said "and why didn't you tell us?" squints asked "because you guys can't keep your mouths shut" i said laughing "well, how are you gonna do it?" DeNunez asked "when the fireworks go off i'm gonna run up to her and ask her, you know something simple" i said "something simple?" smalls asked "no man it has to be special" ham said "well what do you want me to do?" i asked confused "okay i'm thinking you blindfold her" ham said "blindfold her? she's gonna think i'm planning on murdering her" i said which made them giggle "and when you get to the sandlot, we'll be there holding up a sign that says 'will you be my girlfriend katie?' as the fireworks go off boom, romance" ham said which made me laugh "well i guess we can do that" i said which made everyone excited.

*2 HOURS LATER*
-KATIE'S POV-

i finally woke up, only because the sun was in my face, i got out of bed and brushed my teeth and hair, once i was done i walked downstairs to see my mom on the couch "hey mom" i said walking to the kitchen "hey sweetie, benny came over for you earlier" my mom said "oh really? what'd he want?" i asked looking in the fridge "he wanted you to go to the sandlot" my mom said "oh yea, i was gonna go but today's your day off and i wanted to spend time with you" i said walking in the living room "that's sweet" mom said "sooo, what do you have in mind?" i asked "we could go shopping then we can bake brownies or a cake" she said excited "yesss i could really go for a strawberry flavored cake" i said laughing "of course that's our favorite, go get ready then we can go" my mom said smiling.

i went to my room and put on an oversized Tupac hoodie, with some baggy jeans, and some black vans, i looked at myself in the mirror for a few before i brushed my hair again, i finished getting ready and walked downstairs to see mom already going outside, i laughed then walked outside too, mom got in the drivers seat and i sat in the passenger seat, as mom drove to the mall we made conversation.

*HOURS LATER*
-STILL KATIE'S POV-

me and mom decided to finally go home since the sun was slowly setting and we were gonna bake the strawberry cake when we got home, today was a fun day hanging out with my mom, once we got home we were unloading our bags and as i was about to shut the door i seen benny and the boys walking back home, i noticed some of them were looking at me, not in a mean way tho, i slightly waved at them and shut the door, i put all of my bags on my bed and ran back downstairs so we could bake the cake, as we were putting it in the oven we heard a knock on the door "i'll get it" i said, i opened the door and seen benny "hey benny" i said smiling "hey kat, how come you weren't at the sandlot today?" benny asked "oh, it was my moms day off so i decided to spend the day with her" i said "oh okay but are you coming tomorrow?" he asked "yea i'll be there" i said smiling "okay bye kat i'll see you tomorrow" he said smiling "bye benny" i said closing my door.

the cake was finally done and i was the one to cut it since i've been waiting for a long time, but before i cut it i put some chocolate frosting on the cake, i then put a piece of cake on a plate for me and walked into the living room "cakes done" i said which caused andy to get up quick, after i was done eating i went to my room to take a shower, i then plopped on my bed and slowly started falling asleep.

*JULY 3RD 1993*
-NO ONES POV-

the whole day they just played ball, benny was nervous for tomorrow night while the rest of the boys were excited, that night they stayed at benny's house to help him with the sign the boys could tell that benny was more nervous than excited, the boys reassured him that it'll go fine and that he has nothing to worry about.

a/n: i'm tired lmao next chapters gonna be rOmAnTic😜😜