14 ❀

*AUGUST 14TH 1993*
-KATIE'S POV-

i woke up because my stupid alarm went off, my mom sets up an alarm because everyone in this house knows i can't wake up early to save my life, i got changed and did my morning routine "sweetie, you ready yet?" my mom asked from the other side of my door "yea, i'll be down in a minute" i said looking at myself in the mirror "okay, hurry up we're leaving soon" my mom said walking back downstairs, i walked downstairs and when i got there i seen benny talking to my dad "i guess we have to bring him too huh?" i said sarcastically which made my parents laugh "yes, now come on or else you guys are gonna be late" my mom said walking out the door "bye dad" i said hugging him "bye sweetie, have a good day at school" he said hugging me back, i waited for benny while he said bye to my dad.

we got to school and found the boys and anna waiting for us "about time" squints said "shut up" me and benny said at the same time and laughing right after "hey benny" i heard which cause me to turn around and once i did i seen sarah "what is it sarah?" benny asked getting annoyed "just wanted to know if you wanted to walk to class together" she asked rubbing his arm, even i was uncomfortable "no thanks, i'm gonna walk with katie, my girlfriend" benny said removing her hand from his arm "oh yea, katie" she said annoyed "is there a problem with that?" i asked trying to keep my cool "yea there is" she said with an attitude "well too bad, bitch" i said with an attitude causing her to roll her eyes and walk away "i can't wait for the day you beat her ass" anna said from behind me while the boys agree with her, even benny agreed "i'm not gonna get in trouble because of her" i said looking at them "but she's flirting with your man" anna said "i know, but she hasn't hit me yet so i'm not gonna hit her" i said "since when did you get so mature" benny said laughing "shut up" i said laughing, the bell rang and i walked to my home room with benny and anna.

we got to home room and sat in our assigned seats, i sit next to benny and phillips which isn't a good mix but we had to deal with it and anna sits next to ethan, once me and benny sat down phillips tried talking to me "hey katie" he said "hi phillips" i said smiling, i could tell he wanted to say hi to benny so i tapped bennys shoulder and told him to say hi "hey phillips" benny said "oh hey benny" phillips said sounding shocked, i smiled and payed attention to the teacher.

-BENNY'S POV-

i'm in 5th period right now which is history luckily i have this class with katie, i admired her while she was paying attention to the teacher, i honestly don't know what i'd do without her "take a picture it'll last longer" she said smiling "shut up" i said laughing and turning my attention to the teacher "hey can i spend the night tonight?" i asked "i mean i guess" she said rolling her eyes and trying not to smile "i shouldn't even have to ask, i practically live there" i said laughing "yea so does anna and the boys" she said laughing too, we talked until the bell rang "ugh i have english now, i'll see you at lunch" katie said kissing my check "okay" i said as she walked off "i could give you better kisses" i heard sarah say from behind me "leave me alone sarah" i said walking faster "not until you dump katie for me" she said catching up to me "are you crazy? no, there's no way i'm dropping katie for you" i said "since when did benjamin franklin rodriguez care about things other than baseball?" sarah asked "since when did a girl named sarah mind her own business?" i mocked her while walking faster to my class.

-KATIE'S POV-

"yay it's finally lunch" i said meeting up with anna "i know right i'm starving" anna said dramatically "oh i forgot to ask you, how was your date?" i asked teasing her "you have no idea, it was so romantic and we're having another date next week" she said getting excited "that's adorable, you guys need to get together like right now" i said laughing causing anna to roll her eyes and walk ahead of me to the cafeteria.

school was finally over and i was walking to the exit with the boys and anna "are you coming to my house right now or are you gonna go home first?" i asked benny "i have some chores so i'm gonna go home first" benny said "okay, just text me when you're done with your chores" i said kissing his cheek and walking away with anna

-BENNY'S POV-

"man i wish i had a girlfriend" yeah-yeah said "keep wishing buddy" squints said patting yeah-yeah's shoulder, like always they argued while walking out of the school with the rest of the boys following them, i rolled my eyes and went to my locker to put some books back and when i was done i heard "can you help me with my locker?" i knew that voice and it belonged to sarah, i rolled my eyes and walked to her locker "yea i guess" i said, i opened her locker and said "there now leave me al" but got cut off by sarah kissing me, i pushed her off and told her to leave me alone, i walked home and i was getting mad at myself for falling for her stupid trick, i felt so guilty even tho i didn't kiss back it was still wrong.

*HOURS LATER*
-BENNY'S POV-

i'm on my way to katie's house still feeling guilty about what happened but i kept telling myself 'you didn't kiss back' but it was still my fault and by the time i got to her front door, my eyes were full of tears, i knocked on the door and katie's mom opened it "hi sweetie, spending the night?" she asked, i just nod "what's wrong?" she asked "just school, it's getting stressful" i lied "well you know you're always welcomed here, katie can always help you with your homework" she said smiling while letting me in, just hearing katie's name made me feel more guilty, i walked upstairs to katies room and seen her on her bed scrolling through her phone, she seen me and smiled until she got a good look at me "what happened? are you okay?" she asked, i walked to her bed and lied down in a position where i'm laying on her stomach and hugging her waist, i just started crying "you're gonna be okay benny" katie said while playing with my hair trying to calm me down but i just kept crying "can we talk about something else?" i asked sniffling, she started telling me about her day while playing with my hair and it broke my heart even more, she'll be so heartbroken if i tell her about what sarah did, i can't lose katie, i don't think i would lose her but i don't wanna take any chances, she went on about her day and i tried listening while crying.

-KATIE'S POV-

i talked about my day while benny cried, i've never seen him cry before so this is weird, usually i'm the one crying, i noticed that benny fell asleep so i stopped talking about my day but i still played with his hair, i seen his phone so i grabbed it and started recording "hey benny, i don't know what happened or why you were crying but just know i'm always here for you, and whatever's going on right now you'll get through it because i'll help you every step of the way because you'd do the same for me" i said softly to his phone, i then took some pictures of myself not a lot though his whole camera roll is just pictures and videos of us, mainly me, i put his phone back down and went on mines while slowly falling asleep.

a/n: old enough to understaaaaaaaaannndddd, happy new year's eve loves <33