"Babe, what happened? Why are you silent?" Hailey asked Jake with her tearful voice.

Hailey and I were full-on crying at this point. Jake went to comfort his girlfriend while Amelia comforted me.

"Jake and I were on a long drive before returning home when we noticed something happening when we passed by the streets of the city. It was a man beating a boy. Both of us quickly ran out to the scene. I pulled him off the boy and started to beat him up while Jake was inspecting the boy. Jake then told me who the boy was, and I uh-uhh," Mr. Durante said, scratching his head.

"Mr. Durante? What happened after that?" Amelia asked him with a severe expression.

"I h-hit the man till he was unconscious. Both of us were pretty panicked as Trevor was unconscious, fearing the worst. So, we took him to the hospital and treated his injuries," he replied.

"Did you know why did the man hit Trevor?" Amelia asked.

"He was calling Trevor the F-slur when Sandro asked him. We didn't know what caused him to say that, but yeah," Jake said.

"Fucking bastard!" Amelia exclaimed in pure anger.

"Never mind, Sandro took c-" Jake was interrupted by Mr.Durante hitting him from the back.

I didn't know about Hailey and Amelia, but I knew what Jake was going to say. I knew what he meant by Mr. Durante 'took care' of the man. I mean, come on, the blood splatters on his shirt and pants were so obvious. Not only that, his fists were clenched.

His face was like always, calm and collected, but his eyes were a different story. Those grey eyes of his were dark and menacing; it held a storm. There were hidden anger, rage. It was dormant inside him, but it was out now. I could see it. I could feel this dangerous aura radiating from him.

He looked at me as he sensed me staring at him. I gave him an 'I know what you did' look. The storm in his eyes somewhat cleared as he looked at me. Those dark, malicious eyes that I saw a minute ago faded away.

The sound of Amelia, Hailey, and Jake's conversation was muffled as my full attention was on him. His eyes turned glossy, the more I looked at him. Tears were threatening to come out of his eyes.

"Sandro? Where are you going?" Jake loudly asked Mr.Durante as he walked away out of the apartment.

"Why, what happened to him? Amelia questioned.

"I don't know, honestly," Jake replied, though his face held an expression like he knew why his best friend did that.

"I think our job here is done then. Besides, it's already late," Jake said.

"Yeah, babe. You should go back. You look tired," Hailey said, rubbing her boyfriends' head softly.

"Goodbye, guys. Take care, ladies," he said.

He and I walked out of the apartment.

"Before I forget, here are the meds the doctor gave for him," Jake said, handing me a small bag containing medicine.

"Take care of him, Amy," Jake said to me.

"Of course," I replied.

He glanced at his friend and me, then walked away.

I turned my head to Mr.Durante and was already looking at me. His tears were gone, and his face was void of emotion. He gave this look, which made me squirm a bit.

"T-thank you for what you did. Trevor would be forever grateful to you," I said to him.

Something in his eyes flickered before he said, "You're welcome," and muttered something along the lines of protecting someone.