Chapter 46

"You done with your breakfast?" I asked Alessandro.

He nodded, his eyes looking at his phone, handing me the plate.

"Thanks for the nice breakfast. It was tasty," he said as I walked to the kitchen.

As I was placing the dishes in the dishwasher, I remembered something.

The gift that I was supposed to give Alessandro.

Yes, the gift that I wanted to give him during our date. And we all know how that night ended.

Thinking about it gives me goosebumps and the urge to throw up.

Since then, the gift was just staying in my accessories drawer. I've had several instances where I wanted to give Alessandro. Still, me being me, I always forgot about it later on.

Now that I've thought about it, this is the best time to give him.

"I need to grab something from the closet real quick," I said.

I walked to the place where I kept my accessories. I opened it, took the gift in a small gift box, and went down to Alessandro.

"Alessandro," I called Alessandro, who was looking at something on his phone.

He smiled at me with a quizzical look on his face and asked," What?" chuckling in the end.

I didn't say anything.

I took the gift from my pocket and showed it to him. Alessandro looked at me and at the gift box, still remaining the smile he had and the hint of curiosity.

"It's that a gift for me?" He kept his phone on the table, his attention solely on me.

"Yes," I shyly said, handing him the gift.

He took it and looked it all around, probably guessing what's inside.

"What are you waiting for? Open it," I urged him.

Alessandro untied the ribbon slowly, then opening the box. It revealed a beautiful bracelet.

"This bracelet looks sick. I love it," he commented, twirling and looking at it.

If you're wondering, it's a simple white gold bracelet; well, not the type of white gold that can be found in jewelry stores. Alessandro's initials were engraved on the bracelet, surrounded by an exotic-looking dragon on either side.

"Can I wear it for you?"

"Sure," he replied, handing me back the bracelet.

I took it apart and wore the bracelet on his wrist. It looked really nice on him.

"Thank you, bella. This looks beautiful."

I smiled back at him, looking at how the bracelet suited his complexion.

"I was supposed to give it to you during our date; but I forgot it at my apartment," I told him.

He looked neutral, then his eyes widened as if it's like something clicked in his mind.

"Wait; is that why we stopped by the place that night?" he questioned.

"Yes," I replied, looking at him through my lashes.

There was a pregnant pause, us both staring at each other. I didn't know what he was thinking about, but I was trying hard not to provoke that box of memories consisting of that night.

"Well, past is the past," he said lowly, standing up, "and we shouldn't be thinking about it. Let's live and enjoy the present. Come, let's go shopping." He held out his hand for me.