Chapter 31

The rest of the lockdown at Alessandro's apartment was pretty normal. Work by morning, arguing who will cook for the day by afternoon; Alessandro goes to the gym by the evening while I watch TV like a couch potato and have random conversations at night.

The whole of the second week went by, the both of us working pretty hard. Given that the new products might have an issue, he was pretty stressed about it. Since I was there, I used my '21st-century thinking', which was actually nothing, to control the situation.

With a lot of quick thinking and many meetings, we came out with a great solution. The production department was taking care to avoid that mistake for products' future production. We initiated a recall program where any consumer had experienced the problem that Miss. Campbell told us they can send it to us and give the one without the issue and a gift card as compensation for the mistake we made.

Alessandro looked troubled the whole ordeal, so I tried my best to be reassuring. He would not come out of the study until everything that must be done for the day had been accomplished. Yes, he's being a responsible CEO, but there's a line of limits for everything.

But thankfully, everything has already been handled.

As for the third week, Alessandro brought me to the lake to have long walks along the woods' hidden trail. He told me that it was compensation for the stressful week we had last week.

The walks lasted for hours, and we would hang out near the lake and talked a lot. Mostly, the conversations were about our interests, and they went deep fewer times.

There were times where I told him about my bland childhood, and he just laughed and nodded to everything. But Alessandro never spoke about his childhood. Whenever I ask him about the topic, I will only get answers with no room for further talk. I stopped asking, realizing that he doesn't want to talk about it.

The man never failed to cook me delicious food. As I told you before, we would argue about it. Being the smart man Alessandro is, he would intentionally give me a lot of work while he signs out to cook for me.

I found it suspicious for two days he did that, then I found out when I crept on him when he was making panini for lunch. I finally let him cook since he looks like to find happiness from cooking.

We still went to Alessandro's mansion on the weekends, where Jake and Hailey were. Hailey and I would be in the theatre room most of the time while the men will be elsewhere.

Our stay at the mansion was pretty weird. One, because both Alessandro and Jake will be missing during the day except at night. Two, we were not allowed to the study at the mansion.

What was the weirdest of all is that why will only stay at the mansion on the weekends.

Going back and forth to the mansion was obviously fuel consuming, and the chances of getting caught by the cops are likely. We could just live at the estate for the whole lockdown.

I didn't want to meddle in his business, so I didn't ask him.

Eventually, the lockdown ended after that, thank god.

Today, Monday, we continued our work at Durante Enterprises. We had a long meeting upon our arrival. The meeting's contents were mostly about the issue that we had and about the progress of each department during the lockdown.

The rest of the day went by just like any other day in the office. But this time, Alessandro had cooked me lunch.

When asked how he got the time to cook, he told me that he woke up four in the morning to cook and stored the food in a heat preserving lunch box.