"What is it, Percy?" asked Annabeth, gazing around the room.

He closed the distance between them and pointed at the ceiling, "Look up."

When she did, she chuckled, seeing the mistletoe above them, and shook at her head at sheepish Percy.

"You're such a dork."

Percy blushed, "What can I say? I might be a dork but I'm your dork."

"You are," she blushed.

He smiled, "So, do I get my kiss or what?"

"Gosh, you're so greedy, Percy."

"Only for you."

Annabeth rolled her eyes, unable to hide her grin, and kissed Percy—the taste of blue raspberry jolly ranchers and his soft lips quickly overwhelmed her—and she tugged his hair, causing him to grunt and slip his tongue through her slightly parted lips. 

However, before things could get too amorous, she pulled away and he pouted.

"Percy, your parents, Estelle, and Thalia might hear us—"

"Aw," he cheekily smiled, "Just scared that you won't be quiet? It's okay, I understand."

Her eyes widened in surprise at Percy's comment then she scoffed, knowing Percy was trying to underestimate her so she can show him that she can indeed be quiet and it was working. (He always knew how to use her competitiveness and pride against her.)

Instead of saying anything, Annabeth's lips crashed into his; instantly, Percy's arms enveloped his arms around her and her legs wrapped around his hips and they flopped onto his bedsheets, lost in the lust that had overtook them.

The sunny afternoon became a cloudy evening full of watching Christmas movies, eating blue cookies, drinking hot cocoa, building gingerbread houses, and enjoying Sally and Paul's delicious dinner.

Afterwards, while Estelle and Thalia play videos games together, Annabeth and Percy sat outside on the apartment patio in hoodies and sweatpants, snuggling with their many, many fluffy blankets to protect themselves from the cold, windy night.

"Did you know that Jason and I actually ended up underneath a mistletoe before?" Percy softly laughed, breaking the serenity between them, and Annabeth curiously looked at him, "Yeah, it was at party at Piper's place and it was just a little peck on the kiss—that's all—it was funny."

"I'll bet," she laughed then softly smiled, "Today was been very fun, Percy."

"I'm glad. I really enjoyed today too," he grinned then kissed her cheeks, "I'm so happy that Helen and your dad allowed you and Thalia to come over for Christmas: we're going to have so much fun."

"Yes, we are," chuckled Annabeth and recalled her surprise when Helen and her dad agreed to let her and Thalia go to the Blofis' on Christmas, "I really happy too."

"I can't wait for Christmas—I think you're going to love your gift," he cheekily smiled, "Wise Girl, it's one of a kind."

"Oh? What is it?"

"My love," Annabeth chuckled as Percy's lips met hers.

"It is one of a kind," she responded with a soft smile, "Only a few people have been lucky enough to receive your love and I'm happy to be one of them."

Percy's face flushed from Annabeth's unexpected response and he nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck, "I love you."

"I love you too," she patted his head and kissed his forehead.

"Have you got my Christmas gift yet? You told me you and Thalia went shopping this morning and I'm just curious," Percy then quickly added, noticing her expression, "Oh, it's fine if you haven't, Annabeth!"

"I'm sorry!" she sheepishly admitted, "I just...I'm not sure what to gift you. I didn't like anything I saw and you're not materialistic and you never talked about what you wanted for Christmas—what do you want for Christmas, Percy?"

He laughed, gently stroking her hair, and reassured, "First of all, don't worry, you're fine, you have plenty of time to get me a gift. Second of all, I don't have anything I want for Christmas—I'll appreciate and cherish anything you give me, Annabeth."

She pouted, "That's lovely and all, Percy, but please name something for me that you want."

"As you wish," he chuckled then pretended to think before exclaiming, "I know what I want! Your love! Oh, wait, I have already have it! Never mind!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes and grinned; she playfully pushed Percy away, but he just tightened his arms around her and they giggled.

When they finally settled down, Annabeth looked at Percy and asked, "Are you sure there's nothing you want for Christmas?"

He nodded, "I have everything I already want."

His sea-green eyes shimmered at her and her sigh became a small smile and they then basked in the comfortable silence between them, gazing at the starless night sky.

"You know, Annabeth," she turned to look at her boyfriend whose smile had became a simper, "You never repay me back for buying you that penguin from Build-A-Bear."

Her eyes widened, "Oh, sorry! I totally forgot! How much was that again? Eighteen dollars! I'll be right back—"

Before Annabeth could get up, Percy pulled her closer to him and chuckled, "No, silly, I don't want your money—I don't take money—only kisses or cuddles."

"Ah, I remember now," she laughed then gazed at Percy with glistening, amorous eyes, "Let me repay you now, before I forget."

[originally published on 12/13/20 && formerly titled The Moment I Knew.]

[12/13/20] author's note! Erm, uhh, I hope everyone had a good weekend!! I'm currently getting ready for the last week of school before winter break so yay! May this chapter didn't put you through to much pain but I actually low-key cry while writing this chapter because it was so sad to write yet I'm here, publishing the chapter for you guys to read-I kinda realized that I left it on a cliffhanger as I don't updating tomorrow so uh, come back on Wednesday!!! Thank you for reading and have a good day/night!! Till next time! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙