xxvii. Don't Wanna Cry

The day after Thanksgiving, Annabeth asked Helen and her dad if they could speak privately and she now uncomfortably in her dad's office while Helen and her dad waited her to eventually speak

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The day after Thanksgiving, Annabeth asked Helen and her dad if they could speak privately and she now uncomfortably in her dad's office while Helen and her dad waited her to eventually speak.

"What's wrong, Annabeth?" Helen frowned, "Is everything alright?"

"You know you can tell us if something's wrong, right?" her dad reassured.

"Yes, I know," Annabeth nodded then said after taking a deep breath, "I'm...—"

"Ohmygod, you're not pregnant, are you?!" Helen exclaimed and Annabeth's eyes widened, "I mean, you said you felt nauseous this morning and threw up this morning."

Frederick looked at Annabeth, "You're not pregnant, are you, Annabeth? Have you been using protection? Oh god, you're even not allowed to date! Please don't tell me Percy also got you pregnant."

Annabeth was dumbfounded and flushed that they already knew she was dating Percy and had assumed she was pregnant, "I-I'm not pregnant, I promise. I guess I only threw up because of something I ate last night."

"Oh, thank god," Frederick sighed in relief, "I don't even know what we would've done if you actually were—I mean, we would have support you, but what a scare..."

"Young lady," Helen scolded, "If you're going to have sex, you need to wear protection or at least go on birth control! I'll even go to the clinic with you! You're not going to be a teen mom! You need to go to college and be a successful architect first then you can be a mom! Please wear protection! I'm still too young to be a grandma and I don't think I can take care of the baby and the twins. Promise me you'll be safe when—"

"I promise! I promise I'll be safe! And yes, if I would like to go on birth control," Annabeth sheepishly responded.

"Alright, that sounds good," Frederick nodded, "So, you're not pregnant, right? I want to make sure."

"Yes, I'm not pregnant," Annabeth reassured.

"Alright then, good," Frederick nodded then asked, "So, what did you want to talk about? Hmm?"

"I...wanted to tell you that I was dating Percy," her eyes cast downwards and she clasped her hands together, "But I guess you two already know."

"Yes, we do. We have known for a long time now—like for three weeks now? Ever since I saw you and Percy kiss at Estelle and the twins' fall concert," informed Helen.

Annabeth's eyes widened in surprise, recalling the  kiss in the empty art hallway. She had thought they were safe.

"Also, do you remember that Saturday night that you came home late, saying you were hanging out with Piper and Silena?" Frederick asked and Annabeth nodded, "I called their parents and they both said Piper and Silena were home, so then I called Sally and she told me that you and Percy went to the arcade."

"Oh?" she then furrowed her eyebrows, "If you guys knew all the long, why didn't you say anything?"

"Because we were giving you a chance to tell us the truth, Annabeth, but you didn't and even lie to us multiple times that you weren't dating Percy which by the way, Helen and I are disappointed in you," Frederick explained and Annabeth bit her lips, "We know that you know you aren't allowed to dating, so why did you still agree to date Percy?"

"First of all, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for lying to you guys," the guilt was transparent in her voice, "The reason I didn't tell you guys that I was dating Percy was because I love him and I knew you guys would going to make me break up with him. And I will not break up with him because for whatever your reason is."

She then softly smiled, "I love him so much and he loves me too. He makes me so happy and every time, I'm with him, I feel safe and cherished. He's my second home. He's so kind, polite, respectful, and so caring—you even told me how much gentleman he was! Helen, dad, I'm in love with Percy!"

Annabeth watched as Helen and her dad exchanged looks then looked at her with uncertainty. They're definitely doubting Percy and her's love, mistaking it as teenage, reckless love.

"Annabeth, do you even know what love is? You're only seventeen!" Helen frowned, "You're not in love with Percy, you're probably just in love with the idea of falling in love."

"No, I'm not! I am actually in in love with Percy! So, what if I'm seventeen? I know what love is and Percy and I's relationship is love!—Also, don't tell me if I'm not in love or not! I know I am!" she snapped at Helen, furrowed her eyebrows in sudden anger, and her step-mom's eyes widened in surprise.

"Annabeth Diane Chase!" Helen yelled, "Don't you dare speak to me that way! You're already in trouble for lying and disobeying us—which you didn't even apologize for!"

"Why would I apologize? I'm not sorry for falling in love! Besides, no dating rule is stupid and are so cruel too! You said—"

"Annabeth," Frederick's soft but stern voice stopped her talking and his eyes flickered, "Go to your room. Helen and I need to privately talk about this...whole ordeal before we say something else."

"I...Fine," she sighed, "But I'm going out."

Before her dad and Helen could say no, Annabeth stormed out of the office and left the house with only one place in mind. Her second home.

[formerly titled peace && originally published on 11/20/20.]

[11/20/20] author's note! I only two more days of school and I'm done-I can't wait, I have a lot of things planned out during thanksgiving break!! Also, I like to say mention-this is a long chapter and it has been a while since we have a lengthy chapter!! Yeah, that's all, I think, I don't have anything to say on this friday night-I hope everyone had a good week!! Oh! We hit chapter thirty!! I have never wrote a book with thirty chapter so this is so crazy for me!! Anyways, thank you guys for reading and have a good day/night! Much love, Lucinda! 💙

[✔] False God ━ Percabeth AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें