Come With Me

*Avery's POV*

I stand in the airport, shaking so much I had to sit down and hide my hands under my legs.

My best friend, Matthew, was finally coming from his new home LA back to my home, his last home, and where we met: Virginia.

I'm sad that he left me here all alone, especially since we were forced to break up and "stay friends"...but I miss him so much.

We'd Skype once every week though, but call and text all the time.

I hated the separation, but I still couldn't wait to see him, even though we were just friends now...

People start filing out of the Los Angeles flight and I try to find the one with long shaggy dirty blonde hair, and a snap back.

All I see are parents with kids, married couples, or just teenage couples that made me feel a bit depressed.

I finally see an eager looking blonde stroll out of the plane's exit. His hazel eyes scan the crowd, probably looking for me.

I freeze and a wide grin grows on my face as I see the old and remaining love of my life and best friend as well.

I run up to Matt and jump into his arms, making him stumble back in surprise at first but then regain balance and hug me close to him.

"Matt!" I gasp as I kiss his cheek and forehead over and over.

Matt chuckles and then nuzzles his nose on mine. "I missed you Ave" Matt cooed.

I smile and grip Matt tighter. Matt laughs, then says "You're not getting down are you?" referring to my legs around his waist and my arms around his back.

I chuckle. "Oh yeah sorry."

"Don't be sorry" Matt frowns as I get off of him. "Here" he offers, crouching down and offering an obvious piggy-back ride.

I giggle and then jump onto Matt's back as he stands so easily which surprised me.

"This reminds of when we were five and you tripped and made my head hit a rock" I remind him the memory.

Matt laughs and then grabs his suitcase and rolls it along beside him. "Yeah, I miss when we were kids. It was amazing...especially with you in my memories."

I smile and kiss Matt's temple. Even though we were broken up, and discarding the fact, I was glad I could still playfully kiss him.

"I'm glad I'm home" Matt continues. "My friends were getting tired of me talking about you all the time."

I blush a small pink. "You talk about me?"

Matt frowns. "All the time. I became obsessed with missing you. Literally I had to cut out parts in my videos of me accidentally bringing you up."

I laugh and then nuzzle my head into Matt's neck as he steps onto an escalator to get downstairs to get to my car.

Everyone stared at me on Matt's back, but I don't think they were being judgmental. Maybe they understood how much I've missed Matthew.

Once Matt and I are back at my house, I unlock my house and we walk in, Matt's jaw dropping in joy.

"Oh my God there are so many memories here...man I really missed Woodbridge."

"Yeah well there aren't celebrities and the Hollywood sign here. It's just Woodbridge."

"You can't just say 'it's just Woodbridge'" Matt argues, stealing a Dasani water bottle out of my fridge once we are fully in my house.