Out of Love pt. 1

*Jayme's POV*

"GET OUT JAYME!" Matt yells, motioning towards the door once again.

But I was frozen. I couldn't move. My whole body felt numb as if my skeleton had turned into jello.

Matt notices that I'm frozen out of fear and confusion, shock and sadness, so he says those three dreadful words once again.

"Jayme, we. Are. OVER!" Matt shouts, red from his uncontrollable rage.

My eyes finally begin to water as a small, weak whimper escapes my fragile, quivering lips.

What had I done wrong? I never cheated, I was always loyal and honest. I spent three years with this boy and now it was all going to waste?

Matt was trying to be patient for me to actually say something, but my voice was nowhere to be found.

I was experiencing the definition of heart broken.

Matt softens finally instead of screaming every word, as he gripped my shoulders and looked intently into my piercing green eyes.

"Jay?" Matt says, trying to tug me back into reality.

My heart aches at the sound of the nickname he used to call me every day.

But it hurt to hear it now.

My eyes were lost into space. My tears, however, were in plain sight and dripping down my cheeks.

Matt then tries a different tactic and presses his gentle lips lightly upon mine.

My body explodes with warmth and comfort, my throbbing heartache dissolving like salt in water, and my whole body feeling ten times lighter.

I try to make the kiss longer but Matt pula away, making the pain come back.

"You have to go now" Matt says, not even feeling sad about it.

I find my voice.

"Th-Three years," I stutter, my voice cracking like egg shells.

Matt becomes quiet for once in this whole argument.

Anger overcomes the pain.

"I have wasted three whole years with you. I have made time for you and I have been there for you. But now none of that matters. Because now you're done with me."

Matt grits his teeth.

I pick up my jacket and slip it onto my body harshly.

"If I knew you would throw me away like this, I would've never gone out with you!" I yell, swinging open his front door and slamming it behind me, running the rest of the way home.

I didn't dare look back.

_______

I sit on my bed, dressed in sweat pants and a north face jacket. I stare outside my window watching the rain pour down on my neighborhood, the rain drops racing down my window.

The weather matched my horrible, dull mood.

I have had no contact with Matthew for a week. Of course I tried calling and messaging, just wanted answers for why he ended it all.