CIGARETTES

Começar do início

We stayed silent, our eyes burning holes in one another until I finally pulled away, standing by his side once more as we both stared up into the night sky.

It wasn't an awkward silence, but I could definitely sense that George had something playing on his mind, something he perhaps didn't want to say. I didn't want to pry; it was his choice whether he wanted to open up to me about it. But at the same time, I didn't like to think he was unhappy in some way, and I wasn't doing anything about it.

A harsh gust of wind snapped me out of my day dream, causing me to shiver once more of goosebumps formed on my skin. George's gaze came to me, immediately pulling his jacket from his body.

"You're cold darling," he mumbled, placing his large jacket over my shoulder and making sure it was wrapped around me. A small smile crept on my face as I stepped closer to him, wanting to feel his warmth.

He slinked his over my shoulder, bringing me in closer to him as we both took another drag from our cigarettes. It remained silent for a few more moments, until I finally decided to asked the question I was dying to ask.

"Is everything alright Georgie?" I spoke, almost in a whisper.

"Why do you ask?" he questioned, seeming as though he was trying to avoid answering the question.

"You smoke cigarettes when you're stressed about something."

He let out a light chuckle, removing the stick from his lips to lean down and kiss my head, mumbling "You know me too well" into my skin. He pulled away, letting out a quiet sigh.

"I just... I just don't want you to think I'm a prick for not wanting you to see Cedric. To you it may seem as though I'm just being a jealous dickhead, but I just think you don't see it the way I do. You're kind Arabella, too kind... and sometimes you care about others feelings to much without thinking about yourself first. Like- he cheated on you Belle. He treated you so bad and he broke your heart... and I feel like you're forgetting all of that because you feel sympathy for him."

I let out a shaky breath, my eyes glossing over slightly as I stared deeply ahead, not wanting to meet George's eyes. He was right, of course he was right. Cedric was an arsehole, and yes he said he's changed but that doesn't mean that he deserved any of my time. How am I supposed to know if his intentions are genuine?

"I know you want to see the best in people darling, but you agreeing to see him to tell him to move on may just give him more of an incentive to pursue you. And as much as that would make me crazy, it would be you I would be more concerned about. He's a pig Belle, please don't forget that."

 I met his eyes for the first time in the while, his caring features emphasising how genuine his words were. At first, I thought it was just jealous driving him to tell me to stay away from him, but now I was beginning to realise how naive I must seem.

Yes, Cedric and I were civil, but the letter obviously confirmed he was interested in something more, and that should have been enough for me to understand that Cedric was crossing a line. He knew about George and I, and he certainly knew what the twins would do if they saw him anywhere near me.

I took another drag of the cigarette, inhaling the smoke into my lungs before blowing it out. George watched me the entire time, looking as though he was waiting for me to say something.

"George, you're right. It was silly of me to be so willing to allow him to try push his way back into my life. I'm sorry."

"No, no," he protested, wrapping his arm further around my shoulder to pull me into a hug, "Don't apologise. I'm sorry for reacting the way I did, we should have spoken about it like we have now. However, I'm not complaining about what happened afterwards."

I snorted lightly, jabbing him in his ribs. "Oh shut up," I mumbled into his chest.

He threw the end of the cigarette of the ground and stamped on it; I then did the same, not necessarily wanting to finish it off. With both of his hands now free, he wrapped his arms around my waist, squeezing my tightly to him as my hands came to wrap around his neck.

His head dove into my neck as I felt my legs being lifted from the ground. I giggled as George lifted me up, his hand moving to cup under my thighs as I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He pulled his head away, a bright smile on his face as he leant in to place his lips on mine. His soft lips moved against mine for a moment before we both pulled away with a grin.

"Ugh, you smell like smoke." He joked, pulling a disgusted face sarcastically to make me laugh.

"Oh piss off, you love it." I teased, playfully planting kisses all around his face.

"Mhm I love you." He hummed, his eyes immediately widening.

I froze on the spot, only about an inch away from his face from where I was kissing him. I felt my throat go dry and my heart skip a beat. Did he just say he loved me?

I could almost hear his heart beating out of his chest as we both stared at each other silently, neither of us knowing what to say. Did he mean to say that, or did he just get his words mixed up?

Of course I loved him, I'd known I loved him for a while, but I didn't want to risk saying it back in fear he would say he misspoke. Even if he didn't mean it, his words had caused my whole body to tingle, a warm feeling flowing through my body as I felt my face heat up.

"George, did you just say-"

"Yeah, I did yeah. Fuck- I do. I love you Arabella."

I felt my heart skip a beat once more as my lips parted slightly from pure shock. An overwhelming feeling of joy spread throughout my body as my eyes wandered across his face, noticing how nervous he looked.

Without thinking, I pulled him in by his collar and smashed my lips against his. It took him a moment to react, but his lips quickly began to move in sync with mine as I kissed him passionately whilst holding onto him tightly.

My legs stayed wrapped around him firmly as he slithered his hands around my waist, holding me even closer to him with his jacket still draped over my shoulders.

I quickly pulled away, gasping for breath slightly, realising I hadn't even told him I loved him back. I'd been wanting to tell him every since our first date at the cabin but I was worried he wouldn't feel the same. But with the clear confirmation I jut received, there was nothing stopping me from telling him.

"I love you George."

He let out a large sigh, visibly seeming to relax as a huge smile crept onto his face. I brought one hand up to his face, gently stroking a few strands of hair away from his forehead, delicately rubbing his skin with my thumb.

Words couldn't describe how happy I felt in this moment; it felt as though we were the only two people in the world. The bitter cold no longer seemed to both me and I stayed wrapped around his body with the moon light shining on us.

I would have never thought I would be in this position with George; we had always been the best of friends, along with Fred. But now, I was happier than ever.

And I thought nothing could change that.

***********************************

A short but sweet chapter! They dropped the L bomb!

I apologise again that the updates aren't as regular as they used to be, I just don't have as much time as I did when I first started this book, but I hope the updates are worth it:)

It's almost New Years... be prepared.

Also, almost 60k reads... what?! Thank you guys so much, I love every single one of you!!!