YOUR GEORGE

Arabella's POV:

I was in the shower blocks for almost an hour, it taking me a while to even get into the shower in the first place and then spending almost the whole time standing silent under the warm running water with my eyes closed. I eventually mustered the energy to wash myself.

It wasn't until I noticed the blocks become more populated that I had realised how long I had been there, and this encouraged me to finally switched off the water and return the reality. 

I dried myself slightly with my towel before wrapping my hair up in it, then grabbing my robe and surrounding myself with its warmth.

Grabbing my belongings, I headed back into the common area of the girls' bathrooms, where all the sinks and mirrors where. With it now being just over an hour since I arrived, there were now a few more girls here.

The back of mind immediately told me that they all knew what happened last night, and I felt as though I had eyes burning in the back of my head as I walked over to the mirrors and placed my things on the counter.

I took deep breaths, now feeling the pressure to finish up and get out of there before I was forced into any unwanted interactions.

I pulled the towel from my head and let my wet hair fall down my sides. I used it to then try and dry my hair further, gently rubbing my scalp. I then grabbed my hair oil from my bag, placing a few drops in the palms of my hair and running it through the end of my hair.

I tried to ignore the students coming in and out, instead focusing of trying to brush out my wet locks with my hairbrush. However, in efforts to speed up the process, I had ended up dragging the brush through my hair rather harshly, causing me to wince as the brush became tangled in my hair.

It was then that I noticed a body coming to stand beside me, and it was only when I looked across at them in the mirror that I noticed who it was – it was Hermione.

Her familiar face instantly soothed me slightly as a small smile appeared on my face and sighed in relief.

"No need to get your hair all tangled, let me help you," she spoke softly, setting her own belongings down and grabbing hold of the brush. She then stood behind me, gently moving all my hair to my back and began delicately brushing through it.

My smile grew, looking at her in admiration through the reflection as she focused on getting my hair detangled without tugging or pulling at it.

We remained in a silence for a short while before she spoke, "I'm sorry Arabella but I have to ask... are you okay?"

"I've been better," I replied honestly, "but I'll be okay."

"You have every right to feel hurt," she reassured me, still focusing on my hair, but looking up at me occasionally. "You take as much time as you need, George can wait."

I chuckled slightly, "he certainly can."

**************************

I thanked Hermione before changing into my sweats and exiting the bathrooms to head back to the dorm room.

I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of my day, but I just didn't want to put any pressure on myself to speak or explain myself to anyone, so I decided hiding in my dorm room was likely the best bet.

Unfortunately for me, I was greeted to a pretty busy common room, meaning the chances of no interactions were rather unlikely.

I tried my best to sneak through unnoticed, but unfortunately nothing gets past 'The Chosen One', and my brother instantly spotting me trying to head up the stairs.