Chapter 28

Thomas' POV

Uncle Charlie was grinning at me which made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know why he wanted to speak with me but it made me think for the worst. He took a sip from his drink, that damn smirk was still on his face. "Well, how was she?" He suddenly asked me which made me look up at him. I tilted my head to the side and arched my other brow. What was he talking about? He usually cares only about the things I do when they affect him too.

"I heard what you two did down there. Don't you think that I'm stupid!" I felt my cheeks burn from his words. It was awkward to think something like that. I didn't want to tell him anything in case that it would hurt (Y/n) feelings. I shake my head and turn to look at the ring. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. "Well you don't have to think about that boy! The only thing in your mind should be that you would put a baby in that girl! Momma wants some grandchildren already and well, you're the only one who can bring her that joy."

I felt a little warmth in my chest at the thought that momma would be proud of me. And I wanted to have a family with (Y/n). I wanted to have a daughter who would be as beautiful as her mother. Or a son who would follow in my footsteps. But the one thing I wanted from them was love. I wanted them to share my flesh and blood and I was going to make sure that nothing could ever hurt my family.

"Let's just pray that they don't get that disease. It would be devastating that a such a pretty girl would bring a monster like you in this world." My head snaps to look at him while the feeling goes away. I don't know why he was like that to me suddenly. What did I do this time to deserve that?! "Let's hope that she brings everything to do in the looks. Since there is no longer a slaughter house to work at. And hope for a boy since girls aren't that useful."

I huff angrily and just walk away from him. He has some bad mood swings sometimes. I hear the front door open and (Y/n) gets in. A smile forms on my lips as I look at her. She turns to look at me and sends me a big smile. "Hi Tommy! I'm going to the gas station with Luda May. I hope that you don't mind." She walks over to me and wraps her arms around my waist. How could I deny something like that from her?

She smiles and gives my masked chin a kiss. "Thank you sweetheart! I promise to come back as soon as I can." I nod at her but she really didn't have to do that! If she was with momma everything would be just fine. She walks over to the kitchen and takes the keys from the counter. She turns to look at me again and smiles at me. "Would you like to have something when I come back? I quickly shake my head. She doesn't have to do that for me.

She hums happily and gives my neck a little kiss. I feel my cheeks burn at the contact. I wrap my arms around her form and give her a tight hug. She giggles at me as she gives me a tighter hug. I feel my heart flutter at her giggles. I press my cheek against the top of her head. She pats my back gently and I let her free. "I love you. You know that right?" She asked from me as she tilted her head. She lifts her hand against my cheek.

I nod at her words as I look at her. She was so beautiful. "I'll be back as soon as I can." She says as she takes a step back away from me. She takes the keys to Monty's car and her little bag. She turns to look at me. "And can you look after the animals for me?" I nod which makes her smile wider at me. "Thank you so much honey!" She gave my cheek a kiss and with a wave of the hand, she was already outside.

I feel my heart beat faster at her and I already missed her. I walk over to the back door to see that Romeo was sleeping on the porch. He was already given some meat so he was taking a nap. I look around the house. I had to find Miss Pop. She has been spending time in the living room since she came here so she must be there. I look into the room but I can't see any white fur. I look under the couch and see that she was eating there.