Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

The pain in my stomach was unbearable. I was rolled into a ball on my bed as I was holding my stomach. Periods have been my worst enemy. Thomas and I have been married little over a week and since then things have changed little since then. Hoyt has been even angrier than before and I could annoy him with the rules he gave to me. Thomas has been a sweetest thing ever. We had a little talk about some boundaries and he seems to understand that I needed some space to get used to things but that he had permission to touch me if he wanted. It has been only some little kisses and hugs but he seems to be patient to wait when I was ready to be do anything more.

I wanted to scream out so badly because of the pain. I wanted to take some medicine from my bags but someone has taken them away. I was too afraid to ask any because the thought of that Hoyt would switch my medicine into something else. I felt the hot tears run down my cheeks, making the pillow wet under my head. I hadn't moved a muscle since morning and the cramps were getting worse and worse. I still had some pads with me but I don't know if I could get anymore later.

I heard heavy footsteps approach the door and I already knew who it was. Thomas still sleeps in the basement but he makes sure that he sees me during the day. The door opens and Thomas comes in with a little whine. I guess he was making sure that I was okay. "Hi Thomas." I say to him and try to force a smile on my lips. He looks at me little worried as he walks over. He sits down on the bed and the sudden movement makes me yelp from pain. I have to move my pose so that I could be little more comfortable on the bed.

He looks at me even more worried and he starts to whine little louder. He puts his hand on my forehead to see if I was warm. "I'm not sick. I just have some cramps." I say to him and he tilts his head to look at me confused. Does he even know what periods are? I sit up with a hiss as he wraps his hand around my arm to help me. "I'm on my period." I say to him and he tilts his head and then nods. So it seems that he knows what I mean. I feel new tears form in my eyes.

"Could I have some pain medicine please?" He puts his hands on my cheeks and gives them a little rub. He leans to give a little kiss on my nose and then he nods. He gets up quickly and leaves the room. I stay sitting because I don't know if I was able to get back down. After a while I hear two sets of footsteps approaching the door. Luda May comes in with a little smile as she was holding a hot water bottle and my medicine. Thomas was following closely behind her with a glass of water, looking worriedly at me.

"Mornin' darlin'. Tommy said that you were in a little pain." She says as she walks over to me. She gives me the medicine bottle and I give her a little smile of relieve. "Yeah. It's that time of the month." I say to her as Thomas gives me the glass. I quickly eat a pill from the bottle and drink the water. Luda May gives me the hot water bottle as she walks over to the wardrobe. She looks around it and takes some old clothes from there. "We really don't have pads around here but old clothes work just fine. I used them when I was younger and when money was tight." She says with a smile.

I give her a little smile and nod at her words. Well that's better than nothing. Luda May suddenly sends me a big smile. "And soon you are fertile again." She says and I feel a blush form on my face. She looked to be super happy about the thought of Thomas having a baby. I have seen another child around here but he doesn't seem to be so important to her. I felt little bad for the little boy and I tried to be friendly to him but Hoyt told me to keep away from him. Thomas seemed to avoid the little boy and I think that he doesn't like him.

"I don't know momma. I don't think I'm ready for that." I say to her and her smile vanishes from her face. She walks over to me and starts to pet my hair gently. "No one is truly ready to be a parent but believe me. When you have your child, all those worries go away." She says with a smile. Thomas was looking at me but I didn't know what he was thinking. "Now, rest for a moment darlin'. I'll go and get your breakfast. I also tell Charlie to leave you alone." She says and I say a quiet thank you when she leaves.