you left (a)

prologue:
jimin left jungkook to debut as an idol and jungkook was devastated. this was 6 months after jimin left.

he opens the wooden door, stepping inside his house as his gaze shifts up. he flinched and his breath hitched as his eyes landed on a person who he wasn't expected to see at all.

"j-jimin...?"

jimin bites his lower lip, fumbling with his fingers and nervousness painted across his face.

"jungkook." the shorter whispers.

"w-what are you doing here? shouldn't you be on tour in London?" jungkook glares, closing the door behind him. jungkook completely forgot jimin still had his own keys to the apartment.

jimin sighs, his shoulder slumped and he looked... tired?

"kookie, please listen to me. i-i..." jimin trails off, finding words stuck in his throat. jungkook clenches his jaw, suddenly feeling so irritated at the presence of his ex-boyfriend.

"what? huh? you're going to give me the same excuse you told me 6 months ago?" jungkook accused, eyes wide. "kookie, you know i had my reasons i-"

"stop calling me kookie!"

jimin went silent.

they both stared at each other for a minute before jimin broke the insufferable silence. "jungkook-ah, i-i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. i didn't want to-" jimin pauses. "i didn't want to hurt you." he wheezed.

"you didn't want to hurt me?! you didn't call, you didn't text. nothing!!" jungkook barks, his blood boiling red.

jimin bites his lip to suppress himself from breaking down, fumbling with his fingers again.

"you didn't want to hurt me, then why did you leave!?"

silence envelopes over them again, this time jungkook breaking it.

"you knew we could've worked it out, but you still left!! i suffered so much because of you and it still hurts, jimin!" jungkook's brows crease, tears starting to form in his eyes but he furiously blinks them away, but a tear trickles down his cheek.

"i'm so sorry, jungkookie. i'm so sorry," jimin whimpers as his bottom lip trembles. "i had no choice—"

"YOU DID!! we could've worked it out, YET YOU LEFT!! you left me all alone and i had to suffer so much because of you!"

it felt like an ice bucket was poured to jimin's head, a swirl of guilt pooling in his stomach. jimin's eyes brimmed with tears, a sob wanting to escape his throat as he hesitantly steps towards jungkook.

"jungkook, please let me explain. i thought— i—" words got stuck in his throat again as he tried to explain. jimin purses his lips into a thin line, trying to find the right words to say but failed to do so as his eyes soften at the sight of jungkook crying.

fat tears roll down jungkook's cheeks like a waterfall, a sob threatening to escape his throat. a loud sob eventually escapes jungkook's throat as he breaks down in front of jimin, his knees going weak but he wasn't going to let jimin see how weak he became because of him.

"jungkookie..." jimin frowns, his own tears also wanting to fall down his cheeks but he supress them to do so as he walks towards jungkook. jimin wraps his arms around jungkook. jungkook shakes violently to get out of jimin's embrace but fails as jimin's grip tightens. (LMFAOO I READ THIS AS "jimin frowns, his own tears also wanting to escape his cheeks" AND I SAT HERE CONFUSED UNTIL I READ THE SENTENCE AGAIN IM ROLLIGNFYEUSDGUSDBSHUDB)

"let go!!" jungkook hisses vehemently through his clenched teeth. "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry." jimin whispers as he hears jungkook's sobs and whimpers.