Love / The Reichenbachfall 1

"Falls of the Reichenbach, Turner's masterpiece, thankfully recovered owing to the prodigious talent of Mr. Sherlock Holmes." The gallery director praises.
Kate smirks at the ground. Her arms crossed. He didn't do anything really. But no one knew. They made up a story about how they found it and everyone believed it, because who would question it when Sherlock is involved.
The crowd applauds and the director leaves the stage to approach Sherlock and John, who are standing right beside the stage. Kate slowly makes her way over from her hiding spot in the corner.
"A small token of our gratitude." The gallery director tells Sherlock as he hands him a small present.
Sherlock eyes it for a second before he takes it. "Diamond cufflinks. All my cuffs have buttons"
"He means thank you." Kate assures the director with a forced smile.
"Do I?" He quirks his eyebrow at her.
"Just say it." John sighs.
"Thank you." Sherlock emotionlessly tells the director.
He wants to walk away but John holds him back. "Hey."
The photographers start to take pictures and Kate just stays beside the gallery director, waiting for them to finish.
When they finally walk over to her, she takes the present from Sherlock. "I don't care if you have use for them. We can either recycle them as Christmas presents or sell them!"
"Excellent idea." Sherlock smirks at her as she puts the present in her purse.
Kate's in a rather nice outfit and wears more Make-Up than usual for the occasion.
"I still don't like it." Sherlock wrinkles his nose as he looks Kate straight in the face.
"My face?" She huffs.
"With so much stuff on it."
Kate chuckles now. He's already been complaining when he watched her put it on earlier today. Questioning why anyone would waste time on it.
"Yeah well, as I said before: Beauty standards aren't for anyone. I feel beautiful with it on occasions like this." She smiles.
"But you're beautiful without it?" Sherlock frowns at himself. "I guess?"
She guesses that he doesn't even realize how sweet that statement is, but Kate just smiles widely.
"I was wearing the exact same look when you first kissed me in that broom closet." She wiggles her eyebrows at him.
"What broom closet?" John gapes.
"That was only acting." Sherlock plays it down.
"Sure. Keep telling yourself that." Kate smirks.
"Oh my god, it was that Christmas party, right? That's why you two acted so weird afterward!"
"Congrats John, as always you're the last one to know." Sherlock rolls his eyes before he gently places a hand on Kate's back to lead her into another room. John goes to get them drinks.
"A piano." Kate gasps as she sees one in the middle of the room.
"Play it." John dares her as he hands them their drinks.
"You think that's allowed?"
Sherlock gives her a look that says 'as if it would stop you' and she laughs.
"Hold my drink." She pushes it into Sherlock's hand and walks up to the piano.
She takes a deep breath. It's been a while since she's played last.
But after the first few notes, it gets easier and feels just as natural as it always has. She's not gonna sing tho. She did back in school but hasn't practiced since, sadly.

When she finishes the crowd that gathered around her applauses.
She walks back to Sherlock and John. "That felt good!"
"That sounded good." John corrects her. "I wish we had space for a piano in the flat."
"Me too."

The next bigger case had to be solved without Kate since she was expected back at work.
It was getting colder outside and October was exchanged by November. Kate could finally wear her coat again. Sherlock's been wearing his famous one the whole year. He only left it behind on the hottest of summer days.
"Back together with my family after my terrifying ordeal; and we have one person to thank for my deliverance: Sherlock Holmes" The formerly kidnaped banker speaks towards the press.
They're currently standing in front of the banker's house with his family and a ton of press people.
Kate's standing a few feet away from John, out of the camera's eyes.
The banker's son hands Sherlock a present.
Sherlock shakes it lightly. "Tie pin. I don't wear ties."
John shushes him and hands the preset to Kate with a grin before posing for more press pictures.