Getaway / The Hounds Of Baskerville 1

Kate returns from work to find John alone in his armchair. 
"Hey, where's Sherlock?" She asks as she flops down in her own armchair and stretches her back with a groan. 
"Out for a case." John responses without looking up from his laptop on which he's probably typing something for his blog.
After some time Kate starts to play some tunes of the song her and Sherlock wrote between Christmas and New Year on her violin.
Suddenly the door bursts open and Kate turns her head to see the intruder and gasps. Her gasp causes John to also look up and stare at Sherlock in shock.
His face and shirt are completely covered in blood and he carries a harpoon in one hand. 
"Well, that was tedious." Sherlock states and looks over to them without any emotion. 
"You went on the Tube like that?!" John questions in disbelieve. 
"None of the cabs would take me." Answers casually.
Kate thinks of something to say but her mouth just hangs open and she shakes her head. "Please, go and take a shower before Misses Hudson sees you dripping blood all over the floor."

He does as he's told and returns soon later all clean and with fresh cloth, only to pick up the harpoon again and pace through the living room.
By now John's reading through different newspapers and Kate's checking through the files Lestrade must've brought over earlier today.
"Nothing?" Sherlock whines at them impatiently.
"Military coup in Uganda." John offers from the current page he's reading.
"Hm." Sherlock seems rather uninterested.
"Nothing we didn't have before." Kate sighs and puts another file away to take the next one.
"Another photo of you with the, ehm..." John giggles and shows the newspaper to Sherlock.
It's a picture with the hat, Kate chuckles and Sherlock makes a disgusted sound.
"Cabinet reshuffle." John flips to the next page and reads the headline.
"Nothing of importance?" Sherlock whines and slams the harpoon on the ground before he starts to shout. "Oh, God!"
He pauses for a moment before turning back to them. First he stares at Kate but then he changes his mind and focusses on John. "John, I need some. Get me some."
John inhales. "No."
"Get me some." He demands.
"No!" John says sternly.
Kate gets up and turns towards Sherlock. "Cold turkey, we agreed, no matter what!"
Sherlock sighs and leans the harpoon against the table.
"Anyway, you've paid everyone off, remember? No-one within a two-mile radius will sell you any." John explains and tries to focus on the newspaper again.
"Stupid idea. Whose idea was that?"
Kate crosses her arms and looks at him with narrowed eyes when John just clears his throat and nods towards Kate.
Sherlock glares at her for a moment as if he remembers the day they agreed on that before he turns towards the door. "Misses Hudson!!"
He starts to search around the table and throws several files around.
"Look, Sherlock, you're doing really well. Don't give up now." John tries to explain in his calm doctor voice.
"Tell me where they are. Please. Tell me." He begs and faces them again as they stay silent. "Please."
"Can't help, sorry." Kate shrugs and sits back down to pick up yet another file.
"I'll let you know next week's lottery numbers."
They both chuckle and keep focusing on the articles they're reading.
"Oh, it was worth a try." He groans before he lays his eyes on the fireplace and throws himself on the ground in front of it to search there for his cigarettes.
"Huhu!" Mrs. Hudson exclaims as she enters the flat.
"My secret supply. What have you done with my secret supply?" He asks her.
"Mh?" She frowns.
"Cigarettes! What have you done with them? Where are they?"
"You know you never let me touch your things!" She replies with a furious tone as she looks around the mess Sherlock made. "Oh, chance would be a fine thing."
Sherlock stands up and turns towards her. "I thought you weren't my housekeeper?"
"I'm not!" She answers sternly.
Sherlock hurries towards the harpoon again and picks it up with a frustrated groan while Mrs. Hudson turns to Kate and John who both make a gesture indicating that they're drinking tea.
She gets it and turns back to Sherlock. "How about a nice cuppa? And perhaps you could put away your harpoon?"
"I need something stronger than tea! Seven percent stronger." He growls and suddenly points the harpoon at Mrs. Hudson who gasps. "You've been to see Mister Chatterjee again."
"Pardon?"
"Sandwich shop. That's a new dress, but there's flour on the sleeve. You wouldn't dress like that for baking." He starts to deduct and points the harpoon at the noticed things.
Kate rolls her eyes and turns around in her armchair to face him. "Sherlock..."
"Thumbnail: tiny traces of foil. Been at the scratch cards again. We all know where that leads, don't we?" He explains further and takes a deep sniff of the air. "'Kasbah Nights.' Pretty racy for first thing on a Monday morning, wouldn't you agree? I've written a little blog on the identification of perfumes. It's on the website – you should look it up."
"Please." Mrs. Hudson tries to shake him off.
"I wouldn't pin your hopes on that cruise with Mister Chatterjee. He's got a wife in Doncaster that nobody knows about."
"Sherlock!" Kate and John shout in union.
"Well, nobody except me." Sherlock throws his hands in the air, walks towards his armchair and leans the harpoon against the wall.
"I don't know what you're talking about, I really don't." Mrs. Hudson exclaims with a hurt voice and storms out of the flat.
The door slams shut and Sherlock crouches down in his armchair. He wraps his arms around his legs and swings back and forth like a child.
Kate throws a file she was reading on the ground with a little too much force and glares at Sherlock. "What the bloody hell was all that about?"
"You don't understand." He exhales and Kate lets out a frustrated groan.
Great. He's making her feel awfully stupid once again.
"Go after her and apologize." John orders with a serious tone.
Sherlock looks up at him with a grimace. "Apologize?"
"Mhm!" John nods.
"Oh, John, I envy you so much." He sighs.
"You envy me?" John fails to hide his smirk.
"Your mind: It's so placid, straightforward, barely used. Mine's like an engine, racing out of control, a rocket tearing itself to pieces trapped on the launch pad." He raises his voice. "I need a case!"
"You've just solved one! By harpooning a dead pig, apparently!" Kate shouts back at him.
Kate knows and understands he's frustrated but he's going on her nerves right now. If John wasn't here she would try to get a real kiss out of him and not one of those quick pecks they've been sharing the past few months. That would give his mind enough material to think about.
Sherlock jumps up and lands in a sitting position on his chair. "That was this morning! When's the next one?"
His fingers are rapidly tapping on his armrest and his legs won't hold still.
"Nothing on the website?" John questions and places the newspaper on the small table beside him.
Sherlock gets up to get John's laptop from the table. "Dear Mister Sherlock Holmes. I can't find 'Bluebell' anywhere. Please, please, please can you help?"
"'Bluebell'?" Kate frowns at him.
"A rabbit, Kate!" He exclaims.
John and Kate laugh.
"Ah, but there's more! Before Bluebell disappeared, it turned luminous..." He changes his voice to imitate a little girl and makes a gesture with his hands as if he has wings and flies away. " 'Like a fairy' ... according to little Kirsty; then the next morning, Bluebell was gone! Hutch still locked, no sign of forced entry."
Suddenly he stops and stares at them. "Ah! What am I saying? This is brilliant! Phone Lestrade. Tell him there's an escaped rabbit."
"Are you serious?" Kate deadpans.
"It's this or Cluedo." Sherlock challenges with a raised eyebrow.
"Nope!" She gets up to get her phone from her bag. "We are never playing that again!"
"Why not?"
"Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock, that's why!"
"Well, it was the only possible solution."
"It's not in the rules!" John takes Kate's side.
"Then the rules are wrong!" Sherlock shouts frustrated.
The doorbell rings and they all stop what they were doing.
"Single ring." Kate grins.
"Maximum pressure just under the half second." Sherlock notices.
"Client." The three of them exclaim happily.