The Solar System / The Great Game 1

This Chapter refers to the Events of S01E03. So dialogue and Story is took from that Episode and I placed Kate in it.
______

Sherlock was still sitting in his armchair when Kate enters the living room in the morning.
"Morning." she says while taking John's laptop and sitting down in his armchair.
"What time is it?" He asks, looking at her straddled.
Kate checks the time on the laptop. "7 am."
"Where's John?"
"Here." John answers from the kitchen and enters the living room with a teacup.
"You know...I never got the chance to ask you how your first day at work was, John?" Kate asks and John starts to tell her how it went with excitement, till he leaves for another day at work.

Kate was just about to start to get ready when she has an idea and pops her head out of the tiny bathroom, looking for Sherlock.
"Can I be loud or do you need to concentrate?" she asks.
Sherlock frowns, confused why she even bothers to ask. "I'm waiting to leave for my flight to Russia anyways so...whatever."
"Russia?"
"Yes, it's for a possible case."
"Well then. Have fun I guess." Kate smiles and starts to get dress and put makeup on while dancing and singing to her favorite songs. When she turns around she jumps because she's surprised to find Sherlock standing in the door.
"Sorry, was I too loud?" she asks while stopping the music.
Sherlock shakes his head. "No, I was just wondering what this was all about? Fancy dress and makeup and also a good mood after what happened yesterday."
Kate rolls her eyes and leans over the sink to get closer to the mirror and puts her mascara on. "I have a date directly after work."
Sherlock stiffens. "A date? With my brother again?"
She starts to laugh and then applies her lipstick. "No, Sherlock. I went out with your brother once. He's way too old for me and I'm pretty sure he's gay, sorry to break it to you. I'm going out with a colleague."
"Gay? Makes sense somehow." Sherlock frowns.
"Yes. I mean first I thought he's just not 'capable of romantic feelings' like you but I think no one can completely isolate himself from feelings....I mean look at you, running around solving crimes with your best friend."
Before Sherlock can say more Kate gently pushes him out of the door and leaves for work.

Then date goes really well, her date Jim is a real sweetheart and Kate is sure that she will go out with him again.
When she returns from her date she already meets John, who also stayed out late with his current 'crush' Sarah, in front of the building.
"Hey John, had a good time?" She greets him.
"Yes! Do you think Sherlock's back already or...?" He asks while walking up the stairs but is interrupted by gunfire.
"Bloody hell!" Kate says storming up the stairs in worry.
John enters the living room first and shouts at Sherlock. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"
"Bored." Sherlock signs.
"What?"
"I'M BORED!" he screams and pushes himself up from his armchair.
Kate just starts to laugh. "You're trouble, Sherlock Holmes." She walked towards the shelf in the kitchen and reveals two more guns. "And a very bad influence."
"Since when do we have so many guns in this house??" John asks shocked.
Kate shrugs and points them at the wall. "And that coming from the only person here that really learned how to deal with a gun...and has a license to actually buy them legally."
Sherlock snorts and Kate removes the safety from both guns.
"No!" John pleads, but she's already shooting at the wall and Sherlock joins her while John seeks cover.
"I.AM.BORED." Sherlock screams between every shoot.
"OK!" John says before stepping forward and taking the guns from your hands and taking the bullets out.
"I get why you do it. It's fun and no one's hurt." Kate laughs at Sherlock while sitting down in John's armchair.
"What's up with the criminals?!" Sherlock sighs and lets himself fall backward on the sofa.
"What's with that Russian case you texted me about?" John asks while putting the guns away.
"Yes, have you ever been to Russia since you're back already?" Kate frowns.
"Yes. Not worth my time." Sherlock answers with a bored voice.
"Shame." John says sarcastically and enters the kitchen.
He stops in front of the table with all the experiments. "Do we have anything here? I'm starving."
Kate ha a hard time hiding her laugh when John approaches the fridge.
He opens it and immediately closes it again. "Oh fuck." He holds on to the fridge but seems a bit week on his legs.
Finally the laugh breaks out of Kate and Sherlock looks at her, also slightly laughing.
John opens and closes the fridge again. "It's a head."
"Good deduction Mr. Watson! No wonder Sherlock takes you on cases with him." Kate laughs.
"What so funny about that? There is a head in the fridge!" John panics.
"Just tea for me thanks." Sherlock says in an amused voice and Kate laughs even more.
"A bloody head!" John nearly screams with a higher voice than usual.
"Yes, where else was I suppose to put it??" Sherlock asks seriously.
Kate is laughing tears by now while Sherlock explains his experiment to John.
"Calm down John, I was the one who did the investigation on his body, when his head was still on his head. As far as I remember he was a rapist or some shit so...who gives a shit?" Kate tries to calm him.
"By the way, I finally checked your blog." Sherlock changed the subject.
"And?" John asks still a bit shocked while sitting down in Sherlock's armchair.
"'A study in pink'? Really?"
"I liked the name." Kate mentions.
"But nobody cares about your opinion since you weren't in it." Sherlock snaps back.
"There was a lot of pink. Did you like it?" John asks curiously.
"Ehm...no."
John frowns. "I thought you'd be flattered?"
"Flattered? 'Sherlock sees through everyone and everything in seconds but what's incredible tho is how spectacularly ignorant he is about some things.'"
Kate rolled her eyes. "Yeah about that..." She tried to step in.
"No hang on!" John tries to justify himself.
"What? Did you mean it in a nice way?" Sherlock asks sarcastically. "I don't care who's prime minister, who's sleeping with who..."
"Or that the earth goes around the sun." Kate mutters under her breath and then looks up at Sherlock with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh not that again! Of cause John told you." Sherlock groans.
"Nice one!" John laughs and high fives Kate.
"It's not important!" Sherlock shouts at them.
"Not important?!" John asks.
"It's primary school stuff, how can you not know this?" Kate laughs.
"If I ever did I deleted it."
Now it was Kate's turn to frown. "Deleted it?"
"Listen, this is my hard drive." he says pointing at his head. "And it only makes sense to put things in there that are useful. Really useful! You all put any kind of rubbish in your heads and that makes it hard to see the things that matter!"
"I kinda get it but still..." Kate admins. "That trash we put in our heads is what makes us us and what makes us to individuals. For example, knowing every character from our favorite TV show or the lyrics of our favorite song. That's what humans do. We decide ourselves what we find to be important. Even you do, you can play violin and know the notes so isn't that also trash in your head? Cause what do you need that for to solve crime or whatever it is you do?"
Sherlock holds her look for a few seconds before John breaks their bubble.
"But it's the solar system?!" John shouts still not convinced.
Sherlock groans. "It doesn't matter! All that matters is work and without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog or better stop giving your opinion about anything out in the world." Sherlock snaps and turns around, so his back is facing them.
"Sherlock!" Kate growls.
John gets up without another word.
"Where are you going?" Kate asks him.
He grabs his jacket. "Going out."
Sherlock turned around to watch him leave and gets up to watch him walk away through the window while Mrs. Hudson comes in.
"Hello, Martha." Kate warmly greets her.
"Hello, dearie. I went to the store and got you some things." She says, placing her back on the kitchen table. "Did they have a fight again?"
Kate nods and looks at Sherlock. "Don't worry. I bet there will be another murderer or something soon."
"Yes, that will cheer you up hopefully." Mrs. Hudson adds before she leaves again.
"Hopefully." Sherlock signs.
Before Kate can say anything else there is a loud bang and in the next moment she finds herself flying through the living room.
When she first opens her eyes she closes them immediately again to stop her head from spinning. After a few deep breaths she manages to open them again and finds herself clinging on the kitchen table on which she is half laying. There is fog everywhere and she has a hard time breathing. Kate tries to lift herself in a standing position but stops directly when she notices that the shards from Sherlock's experiment vessels are all over the table and under her hands.
"Fuck. Sherlock?" she finally brings out but only get a groan as an answer before she starts to feel dizzy again. The last thing she hears is sirens outside and someone running up the stairs and calling out Sherlock's name, who sounds like Mycroft.