"Oh god, I can't do this"

-

After taking such a long hot shower, Haru sits at her vanity table, fingers playing with the ends of her damp hair as she stares blindly into her own reflection. The mental breakdown she had in the car was enough to make her eyes look as if she has not been getting enough sleep. She cried a little bit too much and too hard on her way home, her make up all smudged and she only realized how terrible she looked when she saw her reflection in the lift.

But she could not care less. She did not even reply Jiwoo's texts from hours ago, unable to find the energy to be talking to anyone at all. Haneul even called her once while she was driving, and she took the last bit of her energy to give a very quick explanation and told her she will be dropping by after work tomorrow instead. She just needed to be alone for now.

She thinks to herself, confused at how easily it has been for her to just break down and cry lately. Have things been too unbearable to the extend she just lost it and no longer has control over her emotions? Or it is just a sign that her body has had enough, and she needs to give herself a break?

"I don't know what to do now", a deep sigh flow out of her lips as she stares into the mirror. "I need some strength, come on Seo Haru, you are not weak—get a grip for god sake"

Dragging her feet towards her dim kitchen, her tired eyes look at the little digital clock on the counter table. She lets out as soft gasp realizing it is almost 9 pm and she had nothing for dinner. Her last meal was the little salad bowl she had during lunch and that was almost 8 hours ago. Blankly standing in the middle of her kitchen, she looks at the cabinet wondering if she should cook something for her or order something instead.

Taking her own sweet time, staring into the distance as her mind slowly drifts into her deep thoughts, forgetting about her plan to get something for dinner. Being too into her thoughts, she did not hear the doorbell when it rang for the first time. The second bell startled her, shrieking slightly as she turns to the door, fluttering eyes staring at the little white box at the wall.

"Eh?", she scratches the back of her neck. "I am pretty I haven't ordered anything..."

Pressing on the green button on the white intercom, her eyes widened when sees Mister Kim at her door. Her heart actually did a massive flip, alerting all her senses waking her up at the same time. Without any second thought, she opened the door quickly and is greeted with the smell of fried chicken. And also, a very handsome Mister Kim smiling warmly at her.

"Since my girlfriend keeps forgetting that I exist, I bought chickens to bribe her into remembering that I am her boyfriend. Can I come in?"

 Can I come in?"

-

Taehyung watches as Haru eats in silence, contemplating if he should ask about it or just let her eat first. She did not talk much when she helped him unpack the food he bought, and he sensed something was off with the way she kept forcing out a smile. He decided to not pressure her on that and let her eat first.