Chapter 7

Haru stares at the white wooden door in front of her, mentally arguing with herself for agreeing with Madam Choi to let Mister Kim check her work at their office. It would be better if it can be done in class while everyone is around, and things will likely be less awkward. But it is too late now and there she is, debating if she should just knock and go in or she should just create an excuse and run.

"It is just Mister Kim, come on now, you can do th—"

"You have been standing there for quite a while"

The deep voice coming from the side made her jump, heart feeling like it's about to jump out of her chest making a high-pitched shriek escaped her mouth.  She turns to the side, gulping hard when she sees the person she has been so nervous to meet is there, standing at the side, sharp eyes intently looking at her.

  She turns to the side, gulping hard when she sees the person she has been so nervous to meet is there, standing at the side, sharp eyes intently looking at her

"G-Good evening, Mister Kim. I apologize, I d-didn't see you there", she stutters, her entire body reacting to his unexpected appearance.

As a matter of fact, his sudden appearance suddenly shifts the air around them, making it even harder for to  breathe. She doubts she is even breathing at the moment, her mind busy trying to seek calmness around his very much intimidating presence.

Yes. No one can deny how extremely intimidating Mister Kim. Every single bit of his existence intimidates her.

"You look like you just saw a ghost", he raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side slightly. "Did you?"

"D-Did I what?", her reply came out rushed

Taehyung seems to realize her stiff shoulders, the way her hands clutch on her books almost too tightly on her chest, her trembling pale lips pressed together and the way she looks at him as if he is going to hurt her. That aside, the longer her looks at her, the more he realizes her face looks weary and her eyes look obviously puffy.

Puffier than the night they met at the hospital. Had she been crying again?

"Madam Choi is called for an urgent meeting a few minutes ago, and I am attending to her class for a while. I supposed you are here so that I can check your work?"

"Yes"

"I am sorry but I can't attend to you right now. Can we do it next class?"

 Can we do it next class?"