Chapter 59

Namjoon barges into the café again, eyes hastily scanning the space again before it darts to the spot he last seen Jiwoo sitting alone with her coffee. The table is vacant, no trace of her. He checks her table, searching for her belongings wondering she might have gone to the toilet. But, nothing is left there.

She left.

Namjoon sighs as he looks around the café again, a flicker of hope inside his heart hopes she has not left and just switched tables.

But, no, she is no longer in the café.

"Damn"

His soft grunt was heard by the petite barista from earlier—the one who made his drink—and she slowly creeps to the side of the counter.

"Did you leave anything behind here? I can help you search for it", she smiles politely, nodding at the same time.

Namjoon looks up, gulping at the concern look on the barista who is already halfway out of the counter as she pushes the wooden door to walk closer to him.

"The lady who sat here", he points at Jiwoo's table. "Do you know where did she go?"

Hyeri, the barista, halted her steps. Head tilting to the side as she thinks to herself, eyes following the direction of Namjoon's finger. "Oh! You mean Jiwoo-ssi!"

"Y-yes"

"She left just a minute before you walked in", she chirps cheerfully, pointing to the direction Jiwoo took. "She went that way"

Namjoon turns to follow her eyes, but then suddenly a switch flicked in his head and all the excitement dies down at the realization. What if he is unable to convey his feelings towards her? What if this is not the timing?

What if things do not go as how he imagined in his head?

"You need to be fast if you want to catch her though"

The barista's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, making him turn to her in surprise. He blinks slowly, trying to decipher her words and the encouraging look in her eyes.

But then, she didn't say anything else. She smiled at him, offered a small polite bow before resuming her work leaving Namjoon alone to figure out the meaning of her words.

Namjoon stood there for a moment, trying to gather his bravery or whatever that he might need to muster his guts. Suddenly everything feels too fast, and it feels like he is drowning in his own emotions. He is worried—too worried—everything might be too quick for him.

His messy feelings are strangely all over the place, his head a splurge of colours combining together as they travel down to his heart, mixing with the shades of his feelings towards Jiwoo.

Feelings towards Jiwoo.

Yes, he has feelings for Jiwoo. As much as he was scared to admit it, he hates to accept that he cannot deny it any longer.

Go get her

-

Jiwoo stands at the side of the road, a cup of her warm coffee in one hand, the other clutching on the strap of her leather laptop bag. She has been standing there for a few minutes, intending to wait for the red light so she could cross the road, but she might have missed it.