Chapter 2

She barely remembers if she did close the door to the room, but she couldn't bother to think about it. All she can think is to run as fast and as far as she can away the room. She needs to run. Panting as she slams her hand onto the table, head hanging low as Jiwoo looks up confusedly.

"Why are you...panting?", she pats on the vacant chair, asking her to take a seat. "Did someone chase you or something?"

"I am doomed"

"What? What is going on?", Jiwoo sounded concerned this time. "What happened?"

Taking a seat, Haru stares at the empty space in front of her with blank eyes. She breathes in and out, slowly and steadily trying to calm herself. Jiwoo waits at the side, her hand softly rubbing her back, offering comfort.

"Haru...are you okay?", she tugs on her elbow. "You look so...pale"

"Jiwoo", her voice shaky.

"Yes? Are you okay?"

"Remember my hook up from last Saturday?", she finally turns to meet Jiwoo big confused worried eyes.

"Yes....?"

"He is the research assistant"

And that made Jiwoo's jaw dropped.

-

"Mister Kim, we will leave first. Please don't stay back too late. You need some rest too!"

His eyes shift up from his bright screen, turning to the two female lecturers standing at the opened door of the department, smiling at him.

"I won't", he chuckles lightly, returning the small wave they gave him. "Please have a safe journey home", he gets up, bowing courteously to them.

As soon as the door is closed again, he returns his focus at the student profile displayed on his screen, adjusting his glasses as he yawns. He was going through the students' profiles from the previous class he joined, skimming through their thesis's topics, taking notes to ensure he is well equipped with the progress. But, he might have spent a little more time at the current profile he has been reading for the past 5 minutes.

Seo Haru

As he is about to click on her previous semesters results, the door to the room swung open and Madam Choi walks in.

"Kim Taehyung-ssi, you are still here?", she looks surprised. "Why are you still working?"

"I am going through the topics, just to make sure I am not lost during upcoming discussions", he offered her a smile. "Are you done with the management meeting?"

 "Are you done with the management meeting?"