Chapter 22

"So, are you going to just stare at the thesis and not ask her out?"

Taehyung quickly flips his laptop close when he heard his brother's voice coming from the ajar door of his room. He turns around to find Seokjin leaning on the doorframe, holding a mug in one hand while giving him a judging look.

"Tae, come on", he arched an eyebrow. "I thought we talked about this"

"Shut up", Taehyung rolls his eyes at him, clearing his throat as his eyes wander everywhere

"Shut up", Taehyung rolls his eyes at him, clearing his throat as his eyes wander everywhere. "What do you want me to do? Call her and say 'hey, I actually have a crush on you, so let's date' ?"

Seokjin shakes his head, slightly amused at his brother's lame respond. He walks towards Taehyung's working table, tapping a finger on the close laptop as he thinks.

"You have a phone, don't you?"

"No", Taehyung slaps his hand away. "I am done with your suggestion of being direct whatsoever. I cannot simply do that.

"Why not?"

Taehyung sighs as he gets on his feet, pacing around his room as he runs his hands in his messy bed hair. He has been in a muddle ever since he admitted to himself and to his brother that he has feelings for Haru. And it disturbs him even more when the feeling seems to grow and yet he could not do anything about it.

He had drunkenly confessed everything about Haru to Seokjin that one night when he got stressed and started drinking a lot more than usual. Basically had no recollection about it but when he woke up to a text from his brother asking him to sober up and meet him at the hospital, he knew something is not right.  Seokjin was fortunately cool about it and asked if he genuinely likes her, or he is just confused.

When Seokjin suggested that he makes the first move, he quickly objected saying he cannot do that. He respects Haru as a student and he thought it will be immoral of him to make a move on her. It was a thought that has been in his head for months already. He is firm with his stance and promised himself not to cross the line.

But when Seokjin pointed out Haru completed her studies and will no longer be attending classes, a realization hits him. Haru is no longer a student thus she is no longer his supervisee. They are no longer tangled in this unusual professional relationship.

"Tae", Seokjin sits at the edge of his bed, making himself comfortable. "If you keep doubting this, you might lose her, do you know that?"

Taehyung stops pacing around his room, looking up confusedly at his brother, "W-What?"