"Have you not slept at all?"

"I... A little."

"Baby..." Kook sighed in disappointment. Not at Jimin, never at his boy, but at the unfair situation and his fucked up mother, and the way Jungkook still couldn't help him with his suffering.

"Let's go!"

He gathered all of Jimin's things and ushered the boy inside Taehyung's car. The boy listened with no more words. Just went with Kook, got inside and buckled his seat belt. He shivered a little and gave Kook a thankful smile when he turned on the heat.

"Are you going to classes today?" Jungkook almost wanted to bale on his own appointments and spend the whole day cuddled up to the smaller.

"I can't not go..."

Kook sighed. So much for a day together with his baby...

"I'm sorry I called you this early," there were tears falling into Jimin's lap, as his head was hung low. "My dad just left and I... I didn't wanna be alone with her any longer."

Jungkook stopped at a red light and turned to him. "Baby, look at me."

His hand gently lifted Jimin's chin up and towards him, and after the boy had lifted his eyes, Jungkook brushed his tears away from the rosy cheeks. He still wanted to just hug the younger all day, whispering into his ear that all will be all right.

"You'll be fine. And I'll be with you. And she will not hurt you again, okay?"

"Okay," he breathed.

They shared a soft smile.

The light was turning back to green, but before Jungkook took his hand away from Jimin's damp face, the younger grabbed his palm and left three chaste kisses on Kook's knuckles, gently squeezing the warm flesh. "Thank you."

° • .° • ° • . ★ . • ° • ° .• °

They left Jimin's things at Kook's apartment, and not much later Jungkook drove Jimin to school, giving the car keys back to Taehyung as well. After Jimin left for his classes - only after Jungkook kissed his pretty face all over - Kook turned to his best friend and asked him to drive Jimin straight home as well. By "home" he meant his place, of course.

Tae had grinned about it.

"So you're actually living together now?"

"He got thrown out of his house."

"Shit," Taehyung sucked in a deep breath. "Is he okay, tho?"

Kook nodded, and kept his concern about the younger's family struggles to himself. "He is. Nothing we can't handle."

"So, what now? He's staying forever?" Tae wiggled his eyebrows, somewhat excited for his best friend to settle with such a wonderful creature as Park Jimin.

Jungkook shrugged, not liking the idea of his boy leaving again. "He wants to find a place to live, and then he'll move there."

Tae's eyes narrowed. "And you're gonna let him?"

"Of course not," Jungkook shook his head, frowning while a little soft smile came up on his lips.

Taehyung smiled too, when he heard his bestie's answer. "I have never felt this way before, I've told this to you already. I don't wanna let him leave me. Tae, I mean... I feel like if I let him leave, a part of me will leave with him."

"You're getting possessive."

"I'm in love."

Tae's big eyes got wider. "That's..."

"New, I know," he laughed. "It's new for me too. And I'm scared, but... I don't know, man, it just feels right."

Taehyung clapped Kook's shoulder, rubbing the slap into his friend's skin. "I'll get your darling home to you, don't worry."

The tattoo artist grinned. His darling. Yes, that's what Jimin was. And probably always will be.

"Thanks, man!"

° • .° • ° • . ★ . • ° • ° .• °

"Taehyung?"

"Yes, Chimmy?" Tae asked, eyes still on the road ahead.

"You have friends, right?"

Tae's brain paused. "... Yes."

"Can you maybe ask around... See if anyone knows a place that's looking for a part-time worker?"

"Are you looking for a job?"

Jimin nodded. He bit his lip, worried about the whole thing. "I don't know if Kook told you, but I'm currently staying at his place for a couple of days," Tae snorted at that, but Jimin kept talking over the small noise, "and I need a job and somewhere to live now that I have been thrown out of my house..."

"Jimin, sorry for interrupting, but I just wonder... Why can't you simply stay with Jungkook?"

His eyes grew round at the idea. The blonde would be happy to. But was it fair towards the older? Jimin already felt like a burden to him. He wanted to be with Jungkook for every minute of the day, but was still scared to dive that deep with the man that fast. Even if it felt right to him...

"I don't want to burden him with my problems."

At that Taehyung really laughed. "Oh, boy, I doubt you will. Jungkook he--" Tae traced off, not wanting to say things that the two needed to talk about on their own. "Tell you what! Just stay with him for now, and delay the search for another place for now. Don't leave him just because you think he wants you to. Ask him first."

"I'd never leave him!"

Tae smiled. "I hoped you'd say that. I'll help you find a job, Chim, don't sweat about that. Me and Jungkook have a mutual friend that might be looking for an assistant."

"Thank you. But can you please not tell Kookah that I'm looking for it? At least for now? Please?"

Taehyung's reassuring smile relaxed Jimin a little more. "Of course not."

"Thank you so much, Tae!" Jimin hopped out of his car, looking back at Taehyung. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

"See ya Chim! Bye~"

____________________________

A/n:
The reason why you should let me take a few days of break between publishing chapters:
I need to rethink how I phrase things. And that comes suddenly either while I'm on the toilet, or at work, or wherever. AKA - NOT while writing :D

Looks like them in my mind
So it's them