𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

IT WASN'T LONG before I started to feel groggy, my head aching uncomfortably from my shot. In fact it had only been an hour and I was putting it all down to the increased dosage. I normally made it through until the next morning before I usually felt any type of side affects from the treatment — if any — but this time I was quick to fall sick.

I was sat in the back of Stiles' Jeep my eyes closed as I leaned against the back seat while Scott kept me company. Lydia had vanished into thin air, no where to be found, and my werewolf friend had heard her piercing scream all the way from Allison's house. He met Stiles and I outside the hospital after the cops had been called and we grouped in the Jeep to devise a bad plan to find her.

It was why we were waiting for Stiles now to return from retrieving Lydia's hospital gown. Why we'd elected him to go I wasn't sure but I wasn't feeling up to the task at the moment anyways. Scott was going to use Lydia's gown to get her scent and then we were going to try and track her down that way. It was a really weird plan, using someone's scent and to be honest it reminded me of something a dog would do, but it was good enough.

When I heard Stiles' Jeep door open and close I opened my eyes, lifting my head fractionally to see him getting into the vehicle with the gown in his hand. He passed it over to Scott silently and I watched as my friend took it, "This is the one she was just wearing?" He asked.

Stiles nodded, "I think so."

I pulled myself up to sit in between the two front seats, "You can find her, right?" I asked my friend worriedly. I knew we weren't under threat of a murderous Alpha werewolf anymore but the thought of Lydia out there alone didn't settle well with me.

Scott met my eyes and he nodded, "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again." He said to me.

I nodded my head silently as Stiles started the engine of the Jeep. He turned to Scott and said, "All right, just shove the thing in your face and let's find her."

I glanced out the front window as the lights of the Jeep flashed on and jumped back in shock at the same time as Stiles. An incoherent mix of words tumbled from his mouth in shock as Allison ran round the side of the Jeep to Scott's open window.

"What are you doing here? Someone's gonna see us?" He asked her.

Stiles turned in his seat to face me and I met his eyes fleetingly before looking over to Scott and Allison. I knew exactly what he was thinking when he looked to me. Allison and I hadn't spoken since the whole Kate ordeal but she had called me several times. I'd ignored every one of her calls though because I couldn't bring myself to answer. I was still angry with her and I think I had the right to still be angry with her too. She'd followed Kate so willingly and allowed her to do what she did to me. She didn't try to stop her and the words she did utter didn't stretch very far because after a few words from Kate she sharply changed her tune.

I was nowhere near ready to forgive her. I knew that much.

"I don't care. She's my best friend and we need to find her before they do." She said.

"I can find her before the cops do." Scott responded.

"How about before my father does?" She retaliated with.

"He knows?" Stiles asked then.

"Yeah." She nodded, "I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUVs."

"Search party." Scott muttered.

"It's more like a hunting party." She corrected.

"You're not making this any better, you know?" I asked her while narrowing my eyes.