𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

I FROZE when the cold barrel of the gun was pushed against my temple. I didn't dare move a muscle, not even my eyes as they refused to leave Scott's wide ones. I was too afraid that moving would result in my demise. Kate was trigger happy and she didn't care for her casualties. She didn't care for the blood on her hands, it was nothing to her. In fact she was almost a seasoned pro now at claiming lives of others.

"Tell me who the Alpha is, Scott. I won't ask you again."

My friend was too shocked to even move, much like I, and he froze like a rabbit in the headlights. He opened his mouth to say something but he physically couldn't get the words out, they were lodged in his throat as he stared at the barrel pointed at my head.

The metal never warmed up against my skin either and it was a constant reminder that I was being held at gunpoint. My body trembled in fear and tears fell down my cheeks effortlessly. I couldn't hold them back, I was too afraid to really do anything.

"Aw, Scott." Kate pouted then, her tone of voice mocked sympathy, "You're just too late." She said before the echoing of a gunshot deafened me.

I was succumbed to darkness again, that thing I'd grown to hate so much. I couldn't see my hand in front of me but I knew I was falling, to where though I wasn't sure. I could just feel my body being dragged downwards by a strong force at an inhumanly fast speed. I was falling.. falling through nothing and I wondered if I would ever hit the bottom of where I was going. I didn't want to find out though, I knew that because then that would be the end.

I thought that when I heard the shot I would suddenly become numb but I didn't. I'd never felt so scared in all my life, my fear had increased tenfold because now I was facing the unknown. It was crippling and paralysing and all I wanted to do was scream but I couldn't. I was mute and no one would ever hear my pleas and cries for help.

I saw a light. An exceptionally bright but small light. It had to have been the end — the end of wherever I was falling to. I wanted to stop myself but I couldn't, the light just grew bigger indicating I was close to wherever I was heading to. I wanted to look away from it but I couldn't, it was captivating in a terrifying way and then I saw two very faint red dots come into view. I squinted as I continued my free fall, trying to get a better view of the red dots but they were so close together.

I realised after a moment what they were when I saw the monster they belonged to. It was the Alpha and he was waiting for me at the bottom of the pit I was falling to, waiting to kill me again. This was my own personal hell and that time I did manage to scream. I broke through the barrier that was holding me silent and I yelled at the top of my lungs — my fear protruding through every space possible as I soared quickly to the blinding light that held my fate.

I was ready to hit it and I closed my eyes to accept my fate seconds before I landed but my body had other ideas.

I woke up screaming, my body shooting up so quickly my mind barely had time to react to it. I was still stuck in the darkness though this time I could faintly make out things around me. I grasped the sheets over and around my body as I ran out of air and my scream for help turned into cries.

"Alex! Alex, stop!"

What?

"Stiles?" I choked out as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body from behind. I was swaddled tightly, my back pulled against his chest and I shifted to grab onto him tightly. My hand fisted Stiles' shirt as he held me tightly, his hand in my hair as he held me to him comfortingly.

"Shh, it's okay." He said to me, "I'm here, you're okay."

His bedroom door burst open and the light flicked on, bringing me a strange sense of consolation.