𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒

I HADN'T FORESEEN SCOTT BEATING ME TO IT IN TELLING STILES OF ISAAC AND I'S KISS. He had though and my heart had slipped into my ass and remained there since Isaac had texted me to inform me. I wanted to scream because it was exactly how I didn't this to go. I had to be the one to tell Stiles in order to keep some of his trust but now it just looked like I was trying to keep it as a secret from him.

I was panicking and I was scared because Stiles wasn't answering my calls and I knew with absolute certainty that he was awake and that he wasn't busy.

I couldn't be mad with Isaac for telling Scott because I had told Allison but I could sure as hell be mad with Scott. I understood he was trying to look out for his friend but right know I just really wanted to punch him in the face for putting me in this position. I'd have to fight for Stiles to listen to me now, prove that I was as despicable as I sounded.

Dread consumed me whole as I pulled up outside of Stiles' house and I felt physically sick with nerves. I didn't even want to get out of the car but I forced myself to move. The last thing I wanted to see was the Sheriffs car parked on the drive and I whimpered quietly under my breath. I prayed to god that Stiles hadn't told his dad and if he had that the Sheriff didn't see my in a different light now.

It took me minutes to pluck up the courage to knock on the door and when I did I stood back and held my breath in trepidation, trying to swallow my overwhelming nerves.

The sheriff opened the door and a surprised expression littered his face, "Alex." He said before he looked behind him and up the stairs. He released a long breath before he looked back to me, "I don't think it's wise of you to be here."

I froze upon hearing his words and as I closed my eyes air stormed out of my lungs. I felt as if I'd just been kicked in the stomach, winding me and robbing me of the ability to breathe. Slowly, I dragged my hands across my face and into my hair before I met the Sheriff's hesitant gaze again, "Please, I need to talk to him."

"I don't know, Alex—"

"It was an accident." I blurted out, "If you knew the truth you'd understand. I never meant to."

He gave me a sympathetic smile, "I'd like to say he's getting a taste of his own medicine but that sounds slightly cruel." The Sheriff said to me before he opened the door further and moved to the side, "And if he says anything, I let you in."

"Thank you." I responded sincerely before I passed him into the house and walked up the staircase. For a minute, I was reminded of the familiarity of finishing school and coming here, or returning after one of our plans had gone south. This house had been my home since I'd moved back — not the one my dad had.

With every step I took my heart beat increased, the drum of it pulsating behind my ear as it reminded me of how anxious I was. I hesitated when I arrived in front of Stiles' door and I didn't know whether to just walk in or knock. I didn't feel as if I was welcome enough anymore to just walk in whereas before both he and I didn't mind if I allowed myself in. It didn't feel right anymore and with a heavy sigh I lifted my hand up and knocked on his door three times.

I didn't know what to do while I waited. Every second I stood waiting was agony and I couldn't even control the tremble in my hands.

When his door opened a small part of me wanted to jump over the banister and run out of the house but I forced myself to stay where I was. I had to face what I'd done and fix this.