𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟒

MY FEET CARRIED ME INTO THE ARGENTS APARTMENT FASTER THAN MY BRAIN COULD COMPREHEND. Mentally, I wasn't on this planet. It hadn't even been twelve hours since we'd left Stiles at Eichen House and I hadn't acquired one wink of sleep. I was about to start searching for a cure for Stiles when my phone had rang.

The Sheriff had already left for Los Angeles and he had asked me if I wanted to join him but I'd declined, letting him know I was going to start searching for a way to expel the Nogistune.

It was a withheld number but I answered it regardless, surprised when Derek's voice sounded from the other end of the line. I was stunned when he informed me he was at the Sheriff's station in the holding cells after having been arrested. He didn't let up much, just that everyone had moved to Allison's to peruse a plan to find a scroll from a guy named Katashi.

I'd forgotten that the world was still turning outside of my spiralling life. It had moved so fast I had no idea what was even going on anymore. My focus for so long had been Stiles, I had no idea what our friends had been up to — hence why I had no idea who this Katashi was.

That wasn't my priority at the minute though as I was reeling that Derek had been arrested in the first place and no one had thought to inform me. It didn't matter that my life was falling apart and my boyfriend was possessed by an ancient spirit. Derek was my family and the fact that my friends knew he was in trouble but never told me infuriated me. They were supposed to be my friends and whatever their reasoning for not telling me was, didn't matter. It was out of order.

I took a hell of a lot of my anger out on Chris Argents front door, slamming it shut with so much force it shook the walls of the apartment. My boots echoed off the floor as I stormed through the hallway with the study in my mind though I'd already started shouting before I reached the small room.

"Someone better have a damn good explanation for why none of you thought it'd be a good idea to tell me that Derek was arrested!" I bellowed, my voice echoing through the apartment. I was furious — livid. My blood felt like it was burning in my body. My anger was both overpowering and consuming.

The first face I saw was Scott's as he faced me. I didn't doubt that had it been anyone else I would've targeted my anger towards them. I was enraged and the worrisome expression on Scott's face made a furious shiver crawl up my spine.

"Alex—"

"Shut up." I snapped harshly, my tone wicked though if anyone would understand it would be him. I had a horrendous temper as a human. Since turning, when I got going, I was impossible to deal with.

I took a quick glance around the room and saw everyone except Kira and Issac present — the latter still in the hospital. Even Aiden and Ethan were here. I scoffed humourlessly as my heart pounded in my chest from sheer anger, "I wasn't aware we'd scheduled a mothers meeting. Sorry, I must be interrupting." I said to them all harshly.

Allison stepped beside Scott, "We were going to call—"

"Were." I interrupted her, my face hard, "As in you thought about it but decided against it."

Scott sighed before trying to explain, "We didn't think you'd be up to it after putting Stiles in Eichen House."

My heart stilled as his tone changed into one of accusation. I was already teetering on the edge but I was quick to see red.

I pushed the chair in front of me out of my way and I lunged for Scott, feeling my claws elongate while my vision changed. The audacity he had enraged me. As if it was my fault Stiles was in Eichen House — as if it was my decision. I just wanted to wrap my hands around this throat and squeeze.