Risking it

Jiyong went out of the café to smoke, "since when did you smoke?" he turned his back and saw Top holding a bottle of beer.

"only in tight situations."

Top stood beside him and handed him a bottle, "so? This is a tight situation?" he said taking a mouth full

of beer.

"where did you get that?" Jiyong said pointing at the beer.

"at the back, D doesn't know I kept it there." Top looked at Jiyong putting his cigarette off, "she said I shouldn't drink while I'm waiting for her but it's just to calm my nerves."

"this place looks good. You designed it, right?" Jiyong asked.

Top marveled at his creation, "yeah, she's beautiful isn't she?" now they were both no longer talking about the café.

Jiyong took another mouthful of beer and asked Top, "how is she?"

"she's fine. I hope I make her happy though." Top revealed.

"what are you saying? Look at her, I've never seen her smile like that before."

Top turned around to look at Dara, "I have. long before I became her boyfriend."

Jiyong understood what Top was saying. Deep in his heart he knew he had something with Dara but was too scared to admit it. He was too contented with the just having her around he took her for granted. "You gave her, her happiness back."

Top smiled, "I know you have a lot of unresolved issues. I have dealt with it but sometimes I just want it over with." Top looked at Jiyong, "I want her to have the closure that she deserves. I think you OWE her that." Top walked towards Dara and gave her a kiss.

"where have you been?" she asked.

"I was just trying to fix things."

"ahhhh. Mr. Handyman!" she cooed as she wrinkled her nose, pinching Tops face. "is something wrong in the kitchen?" Top shook his head as if nothing happened and started to debate with Seungri about something.

Jiyong got back to his seat and nodded at Dara, for the first time tonight, she looked at him. Thank God she noticed me. He said in his mind.

Dara held Tops hands under the table, "so, Jiyong, what have you been up to?" she asked.

Everyone stopped for a while and watched them talk again. "Not another Drama please." Seungri whispered to Daesung. "I'm too old for this things." He mentioned.

"I have been doing business for my dad, remember the furniture business that we had, he left me in charge of it." A smile formed on his face knowing that Dara was starting to talk to him again. "your café looks lovely by the way."

"I have him to thank for that" she looked at Top.

"me?" Top humbly shook his head, "I was just the guy who put her thoughts into actions."

"Don't you go all humble now, you were like, wow this place is so amazing-I can't believe something like this can come out from my magnificent mind." Dara imitated his husky voice.

Seungri jumped at the opportunity to mock his best friend, "remember when he forgot to close the blender and everything blew up in his face?"

"He smelled like coffee the whole day." Dara continued.

Top bowed his head, "come on! D was freaking out about something I forgot to cover it."

They all laughed as if time never passed by them. It was like they were back in college laughing at each other's mistakes. It seemed like everything was back to normal - kindda!

---

Their reunion ended nicely. No major drama came upon them. Something Seungri didn't predict. it all ended well; they went to their cars while Top and Dara remained inside the café preparing to close it up.

Top gave Dara a back hug as she clearing the tables, he kissed her neck and whispered, "it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be."

"well I wasn't thinking of anything. But yeah, it all went well." She turned around and placed her arms around his neck, "and I have you to thank for that." they were trapped in each other's gaze when the café door opened. It was Jiyong.

"oh sorry." He said when he saw that he was interrupting something. "I forgot my phone." He went near the table.

Dara embarrassingly removed her arms around Top's neck and fixed her clothes, "so this is yours? You still do forget your things Ji."

His heart beat so fast when he heard her say his name the way she does. "not all the time." He assured.

Top went out of the café hoping for them to talk. Bom then approach him, "what are you doing?"

"they need to talk."

She looked a bit worried, "are you sure?"

He nodded his head, "sometimes you just have to risk it. I had my chance with Dara. Now it's up to her to decide about what she really wants."

"are you giving up on her?" Bom asked.

"give up on us? NEVER!" Top gave a smile, "I just want her to see that I am here for her. If she chooses to be with me, I will forever be happy but if she decides that Jiyong is the one, then I will be happy for her - for them."

"but Top?" Bom asked again. "this is sad."

Top bowed his head with tears almost falling from his eyes, "you see, there are two kinds of sadness in life. First, when you are sad because you can't be with the one you love. Second, when you see the one you love not being with the one she loves."

"but you love her."

"I know and i'd take the pain away from her if I could."

Bom gave Top a tight hug. She was about to tear up because of what Top said. He made sense. She gave Top a kiss on the cheeks, "good luck!" she whispered as her went to her car.

Top waited outside, hoping he would win this time.