The Bigger Picture

Summer ended up so fast and school was about to start again. It was their last school year and everyone was super excited to graduate. Everything was back to normal for the gang except maybe how Jiyong understood what YB said…

“you should think outside the box, see the bigger picture.” YB said. For Jiyong this is how he understood it. The bigger picture meant breaking the friendship that they already had. Going into an unknown territory and he doesn’t want to risk losing Dara whenever their relationship would go downhill. So he decided to go the opposite direction.

He walked towards Dara with his hands in his pocket; he smiled as he tossed his man-bangs to the side. "Hey baby girl. Wazzup my baby girl. Please. please. please. Can you ask Eula something for me? I cant seem to find the right time to talk to her, and I know you have a class together."

Dara’s heart sunk as those words came out from his mouth. Damnit! Its still 8 am and he is already pissing me off. She thought while giving him a smile and nodded. Why is he suddenly interested in her? I mean he wasn’t like that last summer. what did I miss? She asked herself.

"so you'd do it?" he excitedly asked.

"yah, whatever." she closed her locker and started to walk away when he placed his arms on her shoulders and messed her hair... I hate it when he does that. she hissed. She tried to grabbed his arm and tried biting it but Jiyong was strong enough to push her head away. “I’m gonna get you later.” She promised with a smile on her face.

"thats what i love about you, D." he kissed her head and walked towards his first class. "see you later after class."

She felt all giddy inside when he does that to her... But she cant fully own it because she feels like he doesnt feel the way she does. AHHHHHHH! I hate this feeling! She screamed in her mind.

Damnit! I hate asking Eula about J. Argh. I hope she'd just tell him his not her type.She said to herself as she saw Eula in the wash room. Goosh, this girl is majestic. Her hair is so shiny, her skin so smooth and silky... No wonder guys like her so much. Damnit, why does she have to be so nice too!! Argh i hate her!! She whispered underneath her breath.

"Hi, D!" Eula said. "Did get into Prof. Alberts class? I saw you on the hallway with your boyfriend and I thought you'd be late.. With all those cute things you do with each other." she gave her sweet smile that made look like a giddy cat.

"oh no. He is not my boyfriend." she frantically answered. A faint smile formed on her face thinking about what she was about to do. "ammm, Eula, are you still seeing that dude from Archi?"

Eula looked at her weird and smiled, "No. He moved back to his home town and we decided to call it quits. Long distance relationships can be scary."

"OH!" i said sadly. "so, has it been 3 months already? I mean the 3 month rule right? You can date again only after 3 months." Please let it be less than 3 months. She prayed.

Eula pondered for awhile and nodded, "yeah, its been 5 months already... I think I’m ready to date again. Why? Are you trying to play cupid for someone?"

"yeah. He keeps bugging me about you." she blurted. To Dara’s surprise she grabbed her phone and entered her number.

"now that you have my number, you can tell him to give me a call. okay?"

Easy girl. She said in her mind. She doesn’t even know who im playing cupid for, it could be rapist. Waaaah. This means i have to tell J about this. Aaaaaaah! This is just weird. Even for me. i should be feeling this way!

___

"hey you baby girl, my one and only baby girl." Jiyong rapped as he approached Dara. “I could see the smile behind the awkward look, dont give me that look, i know you like it when i call you that."

"its not how you call me you idiot... Its the way you rap. Its just embarrassing. Yo yo yo!! Wazzup wazzup!" she said mockingly. "Oh here it comes again... The infamous headlock!" She said. "waaaaah! No!! You are a good rapper!! Better than Tabi!"

"Good!" he released her and fixed her hair, "you actually look lovely with your hair all messed up!" he scanned the placed and looked for the gang, “where is everyone?” he asked.

"I think Bommie is trying to finish her paper for graduation. Its too early but you know her. Tabi is getting something for someone, i have no idea."

Silence. Silence.

“well, this is awkward.” Jiyong said. “we haven’t been this silent since ever! What’s wrong?” he asked. He was about to say something but Dara was about to say something too.

"you go first!" she said. She scanned the place trying to look for anyone she knows, maybe she’ll need refuge after what she is about to tell him.

"Im being a gentleman. You go first." He said.

"okay. Fine. I talked to Eula this morning." she said but Jiyong just stared at her blankly hoping she didn’t do what he asked her to, he was just teasing her.

"and?!?"

"she said you should give her a call."

Jiyongs eyes widened. "really?" he was torn. For a second there he didn’t want to hear what she said. Now i have to push thru with this. He said to himself. He grabbed Dara and started to shower her with kisses "thank you! Thank you! Youre the best!" but to his surprise D pushed him away.

“Well nothing has happened yet. So your thank you is kindda premature.” Dara mused. “You shouldnt do that anymore."

"huh?!?"

"people might think diffirently about us. And it might ruin your chances with her."

"nah! If she cant accept this-- us.. Then shes not good enough for me. And besides, i havent called her yet, as you said its still premature." Jiyong took her hands and pulled her, "come on Dara lets go! Lets celebrate."

Dara looked down as she tried to show a brave face. What is happening? She asked herself.