Stars Fading

when two people drift apart, can love still find its way back home? even when the stars are fading?

Dara's POV

Tabi got out of the car first and opened my side of the door. “You’re weird. All gentlemanly.” I quipped as I got out of the car. Tabi and I have been dating for almost a year. And everything seems to be going on fine. We have the usually couple fights but everything gets resolved easily.

“Of course. I wouldn’t want you to think that I’m only sweet when I was still asking you out and suddenly become all cold because I already have you.”

“Point well taken Mr. Best Boyfriend in the world.” I exclaimed.  I anchored by arms around his arms and walked swiftly towards the café like a giddy school girl. “I hope Bommie is already here.”

“DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” a screamed that echoed through the café. “You came.” Bom came running making me jump off my feet. “Long time no see.” She sarcastically said, considering we meet almost every day.

“Waaaaaaaaaaah! I miss you too.” I joked.

Tabi grabbed the seat behind me and offered it. He took the seat beside me, and ordered for both of us.  “Same as usual babe?” he asked. I nodded my head.

I got so hyped when I saw everyone there. It was the old gang. “Waaaaaah! I miss all of you guys.” I said I as pretended to wipe tears off my cheeks. “You have no idea how tragic it is to be left with Bom, Minzy, Dae and Tabi.”

“Hul?” Bom, Minzy and Dae said in unison.

Everybody laughed as Bommie started to lecture me on the different times she saved me from my days of abnormalities. But they all went silent. “WHAT?” I slowly turned around… and then I spaced out.

“JIYONG… MY MAN!” YB shouted. “How long has it been?”

Jiyong looked around and stared at me, “too long.” He smiled and gave everyone a hand shake. He was about to take the seat beside me when….

“Hey babe, they ran out of whipped cream.” Tabi interrupted and sat down not seeing Jiyong. Jiyong moved a bit which made Tabi turn. “Jiyong?” he asked surprisingly.

“Hey man!” Jiyong nodded. “How’s it been?” he flatly asked, taking the seat beside Daesung.

Tabi looked at me and took my hands and interlocked it with his, “All good. Better than good.”

“It's too early for DRAMA!” and a loud laugh came from behind breaking the tension. “Am I late?” Seungri asked as he approaches the table. “Let me guess, Tabi is still not here?”  Which made everyone break into laughter.

Tabi stood up with his arms across his chest. “I don’t think so.” He gave his best friend a headlock and they started a chaos. “I’m never late.”

“Ever since you started going out with Dara that is.” He joked.

“Hey, he is a changed man before I dated him.” I defended my boyfriend. Tabi released Seungri and gave me a kiss. “See, he is never that sweet before.”

“Oh come on! Get a room!” Daesung hissed. I took a piece of table napkin and threw it at him. “Minzy my love—save me!”

Everyone was reminiscing and it started to feel awkward. I could feel Jiyong staring at me but I tried my hardest not to look at him. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat when Tabi started to caress my back. “It’s okay. We can make it through tonight.” I smiled with teary eyes. I’m so lucky to have someone like him. He understands. He took my hands and kissed it.

CL grabbed another seat and sat beside Jiyong. “So J, what is really up with you since you disappeared?” CL looked around and said, “Who got hold of this guy? It’s so hard to get his number. Was it you D?” she asked.

“No. No.” I waved my hands around frantically.

CL looked at me weirdly, “you guys were inseparable when we were in college, but it’s as if you don’t know each other anymore.” she asked cluelessly. “You have something to do about this Tabi?”

Tabi laughed, “Me? No way. I came after the storm. When everything was safe and calm.”

“HEY!” I lightly slapped his cheeks, “what storm?” Tabi was about to say something when I started to cover his mouth with my hand, “say one word or you will be going home alone tonight.” I looked at everyone before they start thinking about something dirty. “And it’s not what you guys are thinking. “

Tabi pretended to zip his mouth and winked at CL, “i'll tell you later.”

“AHHHHHH! Taaah-bih!” I screamed. “You’re making me crazy.”

“I’m just joking.” Tabi gave me his sweetest smile and stopped teasing.

CL turned to Bom and asked, “What’s that about?”  Bom smirked and whispered something to CL.

YB took a sip from his coffee and looked at J, “You two looked like that once. What really happened between the two of you?”  

 And the real story starts here…