summer denial

Dara and Jiyong may have had a rocky start but it was smooth sailing in months to years to come. They constantly text and call each other; making it almost a habit. Dara having been friends with a lot of guys didn’t really have a hard time dealing with the kind of attention Jiyong was giving to her, well… It was just friendship. That’s what she keeps telling herself.

“You know what D,” Jiyong started when he called up, “you make it easier for me.”

“Easier in what way?” she asked as she positioned herself by the window.

“Life.”

“WOW! Heavy stuff J. Are we having that kind of talk today?” she laughed.

“You make me understand girls more. Even though you’re not one of those conventional girls that I usually meet.” He chuckled.

“Unconventional huh? What does that even mean?” she asked. She understood what he meant she just wanted him to say what he really thinks.

“Well, you know what I mean. I mean I can take you to corner food stands with weird looking food and you’d still attack it like it’s from a 5 star restaurant. That’s not what a typical girl would do.”

Dara smiled in her seat appreciating the appreciation. “well, you’re not the typical guy too J. you’re the only guy I know who can wear MY clothes, without looking like a drag queen and still end up looking fashionable.”

They both laugh at each other’s queerness that they both fully accept. They had a long conversation about Bom and her corn addiction, CL and her never ending sarcasm, and Top’s sneak attack. Then… Jiyong had to ask. “Hey D, remember Eula? I bumped into her yesterday.”

“Who is she again?” she pretended not to remember.

“Eula, the girl you have English class with. The girl I said I liked.” Jiyong stated, hoping to fish for a reaction from Dara.

“Oh that Eula. Why what’s with her?”

“I heard she broke off with her boyfriend…”

“So you want me to ask her for you? Is that what you’re saying?” she said with excitement but her face showed differently. Good thing they were on the phone, Jiyong wouldn’t notice.

Jiyong couldn’t grasp what Dara was saying. She sounded happy but a little jealous. He hoped it was the latter but knowing her, he couldn’t really tell unless he saw her face.

Jiyong changed topic and started to talk about how his day went when he couldn’t hear anyone on the other line. “D?” he asked. Then he heard her snore. She fell asleep… again. He wanted to put the phone down but listening to her sleep peacefully made him relaxed. So he placed the phone on his head pillow and listened as he also fell asleep. “Goodnight baby girl.” He said under his breath.

“Goodnight too baby boy.” She said in her sleep with lingering thoughts of how she really feels.

-----

So the gang decided to have a beach outing. YB offered to have the event in family rest house which made people really excited. All their bags were packed and ready to go.

 “Wow! I get to your cousin again, YB?” Seungri asked. “She’s really HOT.”

YB’s eyebrows made a straight line, “I changed my mind. Let’s not have it in my place.” He joked.

Everybody complained and started hitting Seungri lovingly. “I’m sorry! Okay. Okay! She is not HOT!”

Jiyong and Dara came arrived together. Dara got off the car and tied her hair as she walked towards the gang. Top looked at her, mesmerized by her beauty. “D, how come you become beautiful every day?” he joked.