GULP

As night finds its way after the long summer heat, the gang gathered around a bonfire. Top got a seat beside CL, just across Dara and Jiyong. “They look good together, do they?” CL asked in a soothing voice while observing how Jiyong was trying to hand Dara the hot marshmallow. “it's just funny how we all can see what they have but they can’t really see it for themselves.”

Top pretended to smile even though he was breaking inside. CL had a point. Dara and Jiyong do have so many things in common. They’re relationship is almost rock solid. I can’t compete with that.  he said to himself. Top took a gulp of beer and started to shift his attention to Seungri who is again making a fool of himself. “Seungri, you better watch out for Bom.” He screamed as he was walking towards the kitchen.

Dara stood up to get something from the kitchen and found Top drinking by himself. “Tabi!” she innocently called. She placed her head on his shoulders, “why are you here all alone, my dear old lab partner?”

“trying to get myself to sleep!” he said as he raised the bottle.

“that’s just sad. You didn’t even offer me one.”

Top looked at her confusedly, “and what is up with this, lonely girl?”

“I just want to drown myself with alcohol to erase all the uncertainties in life.” She poetically said which made Top laugh, making her get her head off his shoulders. “and why are you laughing at me?”

“because it’s just funny. How you always find me in moments like these in your life.” He recalled. “remember that time when you had a fight with Jiyong about some dress, you came to me asking me if you looked fat in it. You remember that?”

Dara embarrassingly laughed. “yeah, that was really shallow of me. But you were still there to listen. Thank you.”    

 “so what did Jiyong do this time?” he asked knowingly it was about Jiyong. He took a mouth full of beer to prevent his voice from breaking.

“oh! It’s not really about him. It’s about me.” She looked over the kitchen window to see the bonfire. “why do I always second guess myself when it’s about how I feel? I don’t like not knowing where I stand. It’s like skating in a frozen lake, not knowing if its gonna melt any time and you get consumed by the cold water underneath. You understand me Tabi, right?”

“more than you know.” He replied. “you know what D, if you have the best skates and the best experience in skating, you wouldn’t think about the thin ice. You would fight for that feeling of being able to skate with your best skates on. It should never be about the cold water underneath; it is about taking the risk to get to do what you want. I know I would skate over the ice, if I’m sure I’m not slicing anyone across it.”  

Dara gave Top a tight hug, “you don’t talk too much but when you do, you always make me feel better.” She then gave him a peck on the cheek. “thank you, Tabi. I miss you by the way.” Then she went out towards the bonfire.

Jiyong stood by the kitchen door seeing Dara with Top; he could see the genuine smile on both their faces. What caught him the most was the kiss. AHHHH! That was nothing. It’s just a friendly kiss. But she never did do that to me. He was about to turn back when Top saw him.

“hey Jiyong! I didn’t see you there. If you’re looking for Dara, she left the other way.” Top said while finishing his beer. “let's get some more beer for everyone.”

Jiyong couldn’t the picture off his head. I knew Top liked Dara but I never thought ... The last time I asked Dara, she said Top is like her confidant. Sometimes I wished that was me. What is wrong with me? This can’t be happening. He said to himself as he carried the cooler full of beer together with Top.

Dara was already sitting beside Bom, laughing heavily when Seungri started to copy each of their mannerisms. “you should do Tabi.” She asked.

“why is he doing me? Let him do you?” Top retorted, he then started to act like Dara “Tabi, finish chapter 2 or else we will fail tomorrow’s lab work. Tabi, do this. Tabi do that.”

“hey I didn’t sound like that 3 years ago!” She complained. “Jiyong! Help! I don’t sound like that, do I?”  

Jiyong looked at Top and smiled, “Actually he got you right smack to last detail.”

“I hate you both.” She shouted with a fistful of emotions.

-----

After partying the night away, the girls were party tipsy but Dara had more than she can handle, “she only had 3 bottles!” Bom remarked as Dara started to vomit. “Dara, Ewwww!”

“I think it’s 4. She had one with me at the kitchen.” Top apologetically answered. “I didn’t know she was gonna have more.”

Dara started to stand but wasn’t able to walk straight, Top and Jiyong immediately rush to her aid. “valiant prince charmings!” CL stated with a smirk on her face.  “if only she can remember this in the morning.”

Jiyong stopped when Top got hold of Dara’s left arm. They looked at each other in the eyes giving each other a signal. Jiyong retreated and went back to where YB was.

“What was that J?” YB asked as he gathered the empty beer bottles on the floor.

Jiyong started helping out when YB handed him a bottle of cold beer. “thanks man!” he took a gulp and continued, “it's just that, I think Top can take care of Dara better. I mean, look at me unintentionally making her feel bad while Top is always by her said to be of aid. I can’t compete with that.” he said shaking his head.

“you know what J, the difference between you and Top…” he took a gulp, “is that… he knows what he wants. While you are just being too comfortable being in your safe zone. It’s not up to you or Top to say which one is better. It’s all up to her. Sometimes you just have to think outside the box and see the bigger picture.” YB took another gulp, and continued, “It may seem like I have no stand between which one of you guys fits better with Dara, but I know one thing…” he looked over the pool and saw Seungri sleeping with his shirt off, “you’re both better than him!”

They then went near Seungri and pushed him into the pool! "SUMMMMER!!!" they screamed as Seungri confused and dazed from being awakened by the cold water. "Evil Friends!"

________________________________________________________________________

dont forget to comment!! :) hope you like the story. will add more chapters tomorrow! :))