The fight

So Jiyong decided to do what Dara told him, act like Eula's boyfriend. Dara started to see less and less of him each day. The gang started to get busy for graduation giving them less time for each other. They were all drifting apart slowly. It was part of growing up Dara said. But she can't deny she misses everyone.

It's been almost a month since graduation. CL went to France to continue her education while YB went to the States for a vacation. "so I guess it's just the 6 of us." Dara mentioned as she hosted the movie marathon.

"did you text Jiyong?" Seungri asked.

"yeah! But I guess his busy. He didn't reply." Dara flatly remarked. She sat beside Bom, "oh you'll love what we are watching..." then there was a knock on the door.

Top got up and opened it, "Hey Jiyong, glad you made it."

Dara was surprised to see him, "wow J, you are here. I thought you forgot about us."

Jiyong smiled, "how can I forget about you guys." He took the seat beside Seungri. He was having a bad day. Eula didn't want to go with him because she didn't want to see Dara. She had a lot of things to say about her and why she is not going, pissing Jiyong off but Dara didn't notice.

"Where is Eula?" Dara asked. "the reason you forget to call or text." She teased. She continued to ask about Eula which started to piss Jiyong off again.

Jiyong stared at Dara, "stop it. I came here to relax."

Dara got automatically defensive with Jiyongs tone, "what did I do? I was just teasing. Geez! Lighten up. Why are acting like that?"

With all their pent-up emotions about to explode. Something was about to happen.

"acting like what?" his voice raised again making Dara stand up.

"WTF is wrong with you?"

"I don't know? You tell me, you seem to see my faults lately."

"J, I don't get this." She walked towards the kitchen shaking head when Jiyong followed her.

Top stood up when he felt a heated argument was about to explode but Seungri grabbed his arms, "No Top, let them have this."

"You keep complaining about me but you never really had an effort to do anything about it."

"me without effort? Come on." She replied. "who forgets to call J? who never informs people that he is not coming? who never listens to anyone anymore? I mean I am without effort? I tried calling you 3 times last night but you never answered."

"you called me 3 times? For what? To yap about Top?"

"So this is about Top?"

"No! this is about YOU complaining about me. You were the one who insisted that I go on a date with Eula, I told you I don't want to but you insisted."

"Why? If I asked you to stop seeing Eula, would you?"

"MAYBE I WOULD BUT YOU NEVER ASKED. You kept pushing and pushing me away. You asked for our conversations to be shortened because Eula might think differently. You kept changing what we had, but you never asked me what I wanted. I asked you if I was doing it right, and you said I was. Now that I am somebody's boyfriend, DEAL WITH IT."

"huh! Jiyong you're impossible." She said with her voice breaking. "All I ever wanted was for you to be happy."

"Oh then, THANK YOU!"

Dara stormed out the door crying.

Everyone went silent. "Jiyong, aren't you going after her?" Minzy asked.

"she's old enough to find her way back home."

Jiyong walked heavily towards the door when Top grabbed his arms, "you went too far Ji" he said.

"Oh really? now you have the chance to save her from me-again!" Jiyong shoved Top to the side and walked towards his car. Damnit! He screamed as he got into the car, hitting the steering wheel multiple times. Why do you have to be so difficult D!

Dara started tearing up with all the things he said. She has no idea where she was going she just continued to walk. She could barely keep it in. She cried so hard she felt like she was running out of air. Someone then wrapped her in a jacket and trapped her in a warm embrace. Deep in her heart she wished it was Jiyong, but it was Top.

"shhhh. Stop crying." Top comfortingly said as he carried her on his back. "This is not the end of it all D." Top could feel her heart beat so fast. She was still sobbing while leaning on his shoulders. "shhhhh!" he soothed.

"I'm sorry Tabi." Dara whispered. "you had to go through all this trouble finding me. And I'm sorry you got into the fight."

Top smiled and tried to look at her, "you don't have to be sorry. I chose to find you."

Jiyong was driving around the block trying to find Dara only to find her with Top, "Thank you Top for finding her." He said as he drove off.

---

Jiyong was still uneasy. He went to the only person who knows the right things to say... YB but he wasn't around this time. But he remembered was he said before he left...

[flash back]

There was a loud knock on the door which startle YB, "what time is it? Jiyong? It better not be you. My flight is in 5 hours." He opened the door, "What now?"

Jiyong immediately went straight to the fridge and got himself a can of beer. "this is just not right."

"tell me? What is right and what is wrong?"

"its just I miss Dara so much it hurts. But I can't just be like that anymore because I have Eula."

YB drowsily closed his eyes and started his litany, "you see man, you wanted to bury the feelings you have for Dara by covering it with someone else's feelings and that's Eula. This is actually unfair for her because the ground she is standing on is not stable. You just have to pick one lesser evil from the other. Its gonna hurt someone but it's better than lying to both and most especially to yourself. You wanted to keep the friendship because you were too scared to lose it - but as far as I can see it you have already severed the ties that brings both of you together."

"For someone who hasn't been in a relationship, you seem to know so much about it."

"it's what you call being in idealistic limbo. I am untainted by the powers of love so I get to see everything clearly. I can see you clearly even with my eyes close. So I think I did my share of love advice so please, let me go back to sleep." YB stood up and went back to his room, "and dude, stay over. Don't drink and drive. I don't want to be the last person you talked to when you die."

"thanks dude!" he positioned himself in the couch thinking about what YB said. "pick the lesser evil." Then he slowly fell asleep.

[end of flash back]

But that night Jiyong couldn't sleep. Did he do the right thing? was it really worth it? Now, only time could tell.