Arrested

Y/N's POV:

I wake up and look out the window, when I hear a noise coming from the left of me. I look and see Lauren stirring in her sleep, looking adorable.

I smile to myself and kiss her nose, admiring her beauty.

"You're the cutest girl in the whole wide world." I whisper, trying not to wake her.

"I know." Lauren chuckles while keeping her eyes closed.

My cheeks get red and I lean down to peck her lips.
"Hey, you weren't supposed to hear me, Cimorelli."

"Well, I did, Y/L/N. And it was adorable." I laugh and move to straddle her waist.

I kiss her cheek and she immediately starts to blush. We both stare into each other's eyes for a moment when Lauren's eyes flicker to my lips. Without a second thought, I smash my lips onto hers. She cups my face and deepens the kiss.

I roughly bite her bottom lip and shove my tongue into her mouth, and she lets out a small moan. She doesn't even fight for dominance, she just melts in my touch. We both stop for air and I rest my forehead against hers.

"Imagine what we could do now that I'm here permanently." Her cheeks somehow get redder which makes me smirk.

"I like the sound of that."

"And I'm sure I'll like the sound of you screaming my na-" Suddenly the door swings open and I practically jump off of Lauren.

"Hey guys wh-" Dani stops dead in her tracks when she opens the door.

"I....do I even wanna know what I just walked in on?" Lauren hides her face in a pillow and I wish I could do the same.

"No, probably not. What were you going to say?" I quickly switch the topic and make a mental note to lock the door before I make out with Lauren again.

"I was just going to tell you breakfast was ready." She awkwardly leaves the room and shuts the door, and Lauren chuckles quietly.

"What's so funny, Laur?" I roll my eyes.

"Oh, nothing." We both head down to the kitchen, where Lisa is standing in front of the counter.

"Ok, since it's my turn to make breakfast, I have decided on a world famous meal. Cereal!" Everyone collectively groans at her lame attempt at breakfast, to which Lisa gasps.

"Um, excuse me, you guys are lucky that I am gracing you with this food. It's top quality."

"Yeah I'm sure the Froot Loops are from Gucci." Lauren laughs.

We all grab a bowl and sit down at the table. After a couple of minutes, Christina says something.

"Y/N can I talk to you about something after breakfast?"

My heart immediately races as she says this, but I try to act calm.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I finish my cereal as slowly as possible, worried about what she was going to tell me.

After about 10 minutes, she leads me into her room.

"So, Y/N, I just wanted to let you know that Brian's been arrested." For some reason, my heart drops when I hear this.

I never thought that this would be a reality, after almost 3 years of his crap. I start to think about my mom and how mad she must be at me. She always thought I was lying when I told her about Brian.

"Oh." Is all I can say.

"I've been in contact with your mom about you staying here. I don't want to tell you everything she said but she...." Christina looks to the ground, not wanting to finish her sentence.

"For some reason she thinks you're lying, and doesn't want you to come back to the house. I'm so sorry, Y/N." I'm so overwhelmed by this I don't even notice the tears falling from my eyes.

Christina immediately gets up and wraps her arms around me, holding me tight.  After about a minute of this, I hear a knock at the door. Lauren quietly comes into the room and has a sad look on her face.

"Can I talk to her for a minute?" Christina nods and leaves the room, leaving me and Lauren alone.

She sits next to me and holds my hand.

"Lisa told me everything. I just want to let you know that I'll always be here for you." These words make me break down.

I haven't had someone who's genuinely cared about me in so long. The whole Cimorelli family is like a blessing from God.

The tears keep falling as I struggle to get words out.

"I'm s-still sc-scared, Lauren. Of h-him, of my mom, of ev-everything." I say between sobs.

"He can't hurt you anymore, Y/N. He can't. I promise you he can't." I continue to cry as she rubs my back.

Eventually, I regain control of my emotions and I wipe my eyes. She pulls away and wipes away the rest of my tears. We both open the door to Lisa, who's waiting outside.

"Hi, guys, are you ok?" I give her a small nod and she hugs me.

"Hey, we can still make this day a happy one. Do you wanna go get ice cream?" Lauren tries her best to cheer me up.

"Ice cream sounds GREAT right now, thanks." Lisa laughs loudly at her own joke.

"I wasn't asking you, you weirdo."

"Yeah, babe, ice cream sounds great." I chuckle.

"Aww, how adorable, you called her babe." Lisa makes cooing sounds at us, so Lauren punches her shoulder with her good arm.

"Um, OW!" We laugh and run off in the other direction, while Lisa gasps.

We make our way over to Lauren's car and I get in the drivers seat.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"You can't drive with a hurt elbow, dummy. Get in shotgun." Lauren rolls her eyes and complies.

I turn on the engine and start driving to the nearest ice cream shop. After a couple minutes of silence, I hear a sound coming from Lauren. I look over and hear her quietly singing to herself while looking out the window.

"Stone cold, stone cold. You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor." Her voice is barely above a whisper, but it still sounds amazing.

"How did I get so lucky?" I say to myself, which she seemed to have not heard.

We finally arrive, and I get out of the car to open the door for Lauren.

"Why thank you, good sir." She says while stepping out.

LAUREN'S POV:

I step out of the car and freeze when I see two people I really wish I hadn't. Sarah and Hannah, my two friends who called the gay couple the F-slur, are sitting at the table near the store.

"Uh, maybe we should go somewhere else."

"What, why?" Y/N looks concerned at my sudden change of mind.

"Trust me, Y/N. Let's go. Now." As soon as I say this, I hear Hannah's voice from across the parking lot.

"Hey, Lauren is that you?"

Thank you guys so much for getting so close to 4K!!! I'm so sorry for the late update, I've been overwhelmed with school work. I hope you like it, stay safe!!