The Park

YN'S POV:

Lauren: Y/N what happened? Are you ok?? Please text me back I'm really worried.

I let out a giant sigh and put my head in my hands as I remembered what Lauren heard. I contemplate what to do, knowing she can't find out what just happened.

After minutes of leaving her on delivered, which was very unlike me, I finally think of something good to say to her.

Y/N: don't worry I'm fine. Nothing happened.

I try to keep it as vague as possible so Lauren won't ask any questions. But of course, she does.

Lauren: are you sure? It sounded like something bad happened

Y/N: im sure. Thanks laur

Lauren: I'll always be here if you need me Y/N. You can tell me anything

I leave her on read and shut my phone off. I can't bring myself to tell her what happened, but I also feel terrible lying to her. I lean against the wall and slowly slide to the ground.

Tears start forming in my eyes for what feels like the millionth time tonight, and my sadness overwhelms me.

THE NEXT MORNING

I wake up feeling like trash. My face is throbbing from the gigantic bruise I got last night, and my eyes are still recovering from being rubbed so much. I turn over to my right side and practically scream in pain as my face hits my pillow. I somehow keep forgetting about my injuries.

I force myself to get up and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I'm disgusted at what I see. My face is freshly bruised, my eyes are red and swollen from crying, and I don't look particularly pretty today.

I wash my face with cold water to wake myself up, when I hear a ding coming from my phone. I dry my face and go to check it. I read it and see that It's a text message from Lauren. My heart starts to beat a little faster in anticipation.

Lauren: goodmorning y/n! Are you feeling ok today?

It was such a pure message it made my stomach do backflips. She's literally the sweetest girl on the planet.

And I'm lucky enough to have her in my life.

I contemplate telling her what happened, but quickly realize it's too much. There's no way I could tell her all that, she would think I'm so worthless and weak.

Y/N: morning Laur☺️☺️ I'm feeling great today, hbu

I wait for response right after I just completely lied to lauren. I feel bad lying to her but it's for her own good. And mine.

Lauren: I miss you🥺wanna hang today?

My stomach drops as I read what she sent. There's no way I can hang out with her, she'll see the gigantic bruise on my face. I force myself to make up a lie about why I can't go, but I feel so awful doing it.

Y/N: my mom is making us go to the city today, maybe next week

Lauren: oh that's ok, maybe next time

I can feel the tension through the phone as I receive her text. It's almost like she knows I'm lying.

But she can't know, right? What if she does? Oh no did I just ruin this friendship with her?

LAURENS POV:

I finally make up the courage to ask Y/N to hang out again, and I get butterflies as soon as I do. I see the three dots and get excited as she's typing. My heart drops a little when I see what she wrote.