Ch. 23 - "Gifted."

Start from the beginning

Reaching out, he grabbed all of them and opened the first one as he scattered the rest on his bed.

_____________________________
Get better soon, fuckface.
_____________________________

He snorted. 'Best one so far.'

Before he could read the rest, he heard a knock from the door, soon opening up as he looked and saw two kids standing at the doorway, looking around the room curiously.

A soft, gentle smile made its way to his face.

"Morning." He greeted casually. The kids looked back at him and instantly lit up.

"(Y/n)!"

He let out a weak wheeze when they crashed into him into a tight hug, patting their back.

"I'm fine, kids. But- give me a breather here, you two are heavy."

They released him and took a seat beside his bed. "How was your sleep? Are you better now?"

"C-Calm down, Hideaki. He's probably still tired." Junichi laughed nervously, scratching his cheek.

"I'm doing well. What about you guys? What have you been doing?"

Hideaki tapped his chin, tilting his head as he looked to the side. "Well, nothing much. We stayed in our rooms for a few days and visited you from time to time."

"S-Some of your friends came by. And they brought a few art materials for us to use." Junichi stated. "They're teaching us how to draw. It's fun. T-The leafy haired man said you liked to draw too, is that true?"

'Izuku still remembers that?'

(Y/n) cocked his head to the side. "Yeah, and music. It's been a while since I drew honestly."

Fuck. He felt so awkward. How do people even talk to kids?

"I've taken a liking to music now after Ms. Jiro introduced us to them!" Hideaki beamed, bringing out a CD in the pocket of his jacket and showing them to his oldest brother. "She bought me my favourite song!"

He sweatdropped. 'I'll pay her back later.'

"What's with that look on your face?"

"Did the doctor tell you anything else besides your current condition?"

(Y/n) shook his head. "No, why? Did something happen?

"Well..." Hideaki trailed off, looking over to his twin, who smiled and silently gestured him to continue. "Can we tell you about our Quirks?"

"Shoot."

Hideaki stabbed a thumb on his chest. "My Quirk is nature! I can control anything that nature has and also generate them!"

'Wouldn't that technically be two?'

Junichi was next. "My Quirk is...Q-Quirks Manipulation. Self-explanatory. But I'm capable of removing them permanently too, but the teachers said I should only use it when I've trained hard enough to get up to your level of expertise! Otherwise, it might result to bad consequences."

(Y/n) clapped, smiling. "That's amazing, you two! You'd both make incredible heroes in the future. I'm kinda jealous."

Suddenly, one of the twins, frowned, to (Y/n)'s confusion. "We talked to one of your friends when they came by to visit. I got something out of Mr. Pomeranian...well, not really, but he mentioned something about you wanting to get better and better until you felt like you succeeded in becoming...'the best.'" He coughed into his fist to conceal a laugh. "And...well...him wanting to go beyond that to defeat you."