Ch. 45 - "I'll Find You."

(E/c) eyes wandered around the surroundings as they walked down the stack of stairs.

"How come he doesn't work at a hospital?"

"We came from a prestigious school that only accepted natural geniuses and talented people."

"Is that so?" (Y/n) replied in a questioning tone.

'You certainly don't rank that high in the parenting department.'

"Prestigious...is that why you lived with your brother?"

"I was doing fine on my own."

The corner of her lip tilted up, forming a smirk. "Like I said, natural genius. And talent."

"Yeah, yeah. Just cut to the chase."

"Family is important. Your father and I were inseparable, to the point where we managed to locate eachother and the asshole practically forced me and (M/n) to move in with him when he heard I was still in college when our dad got locked up."

"Family love? How nice!" (Y/n) clapped his hands sarcastically, a grin plastered on his face. "At least you got to experience it!"

She rolled her eyes. "You wanted me to get to the point, now you're being a dick."

"Already whining? Guess what, I had to put up with that shit from you for the past ten- actually, eighteen years! You don't have the right to bitch about it."

Thankfully, that shut her up as the stairs finally came to the halt and they came across a lone door.

"If you came from an elite school like the ones we studied at," Her hand landed on the doorknob, but not before sending three knocks to the door first.

"Then...well, you saw how I turned out."

'An arrogant, mentally unstable, insanely greedy asswipe?'

He almost spat it out had it not been her opening the door and revealing a neat office, the first thing he saw from his spot at the doorway was the all too familiar bed in the middle of the room.

That's where he was supposed to sit for the doctor to sedate him, until he was rudely slapped so hard he fell off the fucking chair.

She stepped into the room and left his sight when she saw her friend.

"Long time no see, Michi!"

"(A/n)! It's been so long since we saw eachother!"

Hesitantly, he set foot into the room, digging his nails into his bicep to calm his nerves.

'You remember now.'

'You're not weak anymore.'

'They can't hurt me.'

'Unless they want to die.'

"Oh...(Y/n)?"

Michi pulled out of his hug to point a judging finger at the teenager, looking to the female for answers.