Prologue

Luz's Perspective

The air in the mysterious Boiling Isles that morning was humid, emitting the scent of a fresh acid rainstorm. After being cooped up in the Owl House for the entire weekend, Luz was itching to break the chains of this boredom, and as amusing as Eda,  King and Hooty were,  she'd missed the few days spent without her friends, and longed to spend time with them. The smoothly drawn sketches from a couple of hours ago had gradually manifested into lazy scribbles as the quality of her work faded along with her motivation and enthusiasm. When the stinging buzz of rainfall had come to an abrupt stop, Luz perked up instantly and threw aside her pencil. "Eda!!! It stopped!" she hollered as she clambered into the living room where the Owl Lady was moping idly on the sofa. "I would say you should wait a couple more hours  just to make sure the rain stopped for good, but that'd be just brutal of me." the witch sighed, "Go on kid before you tear this place apart." Luz practically teleported to the front door, beaming with excitement. Before exiting, the optimistic teen skidded to a halt and ran back toward her witch mum, wrapping her arms around her tight in a warm hug. Eda rolled her eyes sarcastically but accepted the bizarre human gesture, returning it before shoving her away affectionately, "Now get going!" Luz saluted Eda and dashed out the door.

It hadn't fully occurred to Luz that her friends had no knowledge of her coming to see them, and not having access to pinstagram made it all the more difficult to get in contact, but lucky for her, Gus and Willow were coincidentally on their way to The Owl House at the same time that Luz was leaving. During their day together, the group of friends had invited Amity to join them, and unsurprisingly the emerald-haired witch had eagerly agreed. The day was bound to be filled with fun so long as Luz's friends were nearby!