63: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream could hear sounds of footsteps getting closer. She tried to hug her now longer but skinny limbs and scoot inside the corner she is hiding. Dream control her breathing and hidden her aura.

Right now, she is hiding from her maids. They cannot call out to her because they are mute. This give Dream a lot of excuses when she shows up later and were asked by the Queen why she only turn up a lot later. It is not nice and the disabled maids get reprimanded quite a lot, they might already realize that she is hiding from them. The maids started glaring back to Dream. It make her feel bad but Dream needs some peace in order to be able to withstand the mental struggle.

Dream loosened up her legs when she no longer hear anyone outside the library. She stretched her long skinny legs. She is wearing an old dress and if she make rough movements her knees showed almost. Dream tried not to wear the new dresses she received from the queen. Not because they are not pretty but because it is quite not the style and color she is used to. Also she wants to avoid vibrant colors.

The queen used to order her earth color dresses and she liked them very much. But a lot of things changed.

Dream peeked through the shelves to make sure it is safe to move around the library. When she feel no soul around, she stood up straight and freely move her long limbs. Dream now try to hide and kill her time inside the castle's library. She would love to stay in Clover garden but her mute maids will spot her right away. Moreover, Dream needs information. Information in case she have to escape the Spade's castle.

She really needs all the information she could get especially that the queen made all her lessons stopped except with the ones that focused on etiquette. Dream find it odd that her teachers stopped coming altogether but she did not dare to voice out her concerns with the queen or to her brother Lunard. After all there are always ways to learn. A castle have all the information that she needs.

Dream grabbed a book without looking at it's title. Dream had been in this corner of the library for days that she could escaped her mute maids and queen's clutches. It is the side of the library that have books that focuses on spells and magic. Dream thought that learning basics will help her greatly with travels. The world she used to live in her former life does not have magic. There were people that could do or say that they do magic but it all just to trick the mind. If there are people that can use legit magic in her past world, they are secretive as they are might be used with greed or they are not welcomed by the society. In this world however, Dream, experienced transportation through portal when she was a toddler. She also watched her childhood friend do all sorts of things. Like using the wind to move and jump around and making barriers. There are auras too and Dream is thinking that it will be useful to keep wild animals from her in case she does escape. After all, if she leaves the castle, then she will be a homeless wanderer.

"It is easy to say that I can escape."

It is very easy to think but it is a harsh reality once she step out of the castle.

"Especially, I do not have any money nor items with monetary value."

She could start picking out the gems from her old dresses but there are no guarantee that anyone would buy it from a child. Moreover, even though, she is a princess, all money she earn as her allowance are all being manage by Kaleid. The man is still in coma in Diamond Imperial palace. And even if she manage to snatch some money, Dream have a gut feeling that the queen will change the currency right away. she have that kind power to do so. Though an Imperial currency might help her but if Dream will mingle with the commoners, gold might be better. The Imperial currency is something only the nobles can use. Showing an Imperial coin to commoner is like yelling to the world that she is a princess.