Part 18: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

-Present time-

The adults are having a really expressive conversation. The big human had gone angry and annoyed a lot of times, while the new face had been surprise, solemn, smiling and playful.

It seems my dad have a very interesting friend. Though I really find him creepy. I caught him glancing my way and our eyes met, then he gave me an eerie smile. A smile that makes all the hair on my back stands.

'However, there is this weird vibe coming from him too. My forehead itch, Everytime he glance my way.'

The two men started walking to me and Kaleid's space. Kaleid had left me inside the crib, and I just been standing here and observing them, while the Butler meticulously set up the tea table with snacks and teas.

"Hmmm, I don't really feel anything anymore." The new guy said while looking close at my face.

"Don't stand so close."

"What?! Are you starting to develop a complex already?"

The big human looks so annoyed but tried to brush off the extravagant guest's comment.

"Can't you ask your son?"

"Well, about that, he is indeed two years old already, however, he is kinda eccentric." The man named Benjamin said while bidding his head with his arms crossed.

"More eccentric than you? We're doomed!" Kaleid sarcastically added.

'My thought exactly!'

''What do you mean? Elaborate."

"So the kid is actually turning out to be the Emperor of the jungle."

"Huh?"

"Listen to this Joe, ever since the kid was left at my Manor, I had seen so many different kinds of animals in the garden, from bunnies to raccoons, dogs to wolves, cats to tigers and lions. It seems like he is their leader."

"Okay, I get it, he is special, then wouldn't it hurt to bring him here?"

"If you don't mind the whole zoo in your garden, why not?"

"What? Are you sure we are still on the same track here?"

"Well for now? Seriously I just need something to tame little beast boy."

"What? He is your son!"

"Just until recently." He shyly added. " Look at us, Joe! We are daddies now!"

"Shut up!!!" The big human roared to the top of his lungs and sat down to the couch next to my crib.

I gently brush his hair.

'You will have wrinkles daddy.'

"I wish I have a daughter instead, wanna exchange."

The big human have him a really murderous stare.

"Earlier, you were making it sound like everything is going to our original plan. The ace of our plan is to control the Empire and that is impossible without the diamond seal."

"Well so far he stayed in the Manor."

"What do you mean?!"

"Well jungle boy could had stay in the jungle you know. But he stayed with me, so he might still be human deep inside."

"Your assumptions will be the death of us one day."

"No it will not. But the problem is where the Clover seal went." Benjamin kneel in front of me and stare at me really close.

"Hey! I told you not to stand really close!"

"Shhss! Hello little lady, by any chance, do you know reincarnation?"

'Eh?!'

His words surprised me and I could not control my facial expression. After a few seconds of just observing my face, he nodded his head.

"Understood." He stood up, "I'll bring Dia, one of this day."

"Why all of the sudden?! Earlier, you are like 'he is to wild to be introduced' and now you have this weird determination."

"Your highness, it is sad to say, it seems that Sir Benjamin is sick on his mind." Kaleid loudly whispered to the big human.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Kaleid, you are still young. Of course it is for engagement."

The room fell in silent. The only thing that is making a sound is the boiling fury of the big man next to me.

"Oh by the way." Benjamin tried to break the silence.

"There will be a new prophecy."

The big man stood up. Seems like he realized something really important.

"Well as the former Diamond bearer I should briefly sees the future in order to save the Empire right?"

Benjamin smile so eerily.

"Don't think, that you will get it for free." He then made a one-eighty degree turn, grabbed his coat and start walking out of the room.

"Anything except her." The big human firmly added before the Benjamin person completely exits the room.

He looked back and smiled, "she is not a thing."

What you guys have a hidden flame somewhere?  Don't fight, there are a lot of women to choose from, especially with your ranks.

When he is completely gone, Kaleid hurriedly proceed to affirm his discomfort.

"My Lord! We should not trust that man!"

"We have no one else!"

'It seems like, there is a lot more that is going on. But sir Butler is right daddy, that guy is really creepy, I wonder why he ask me about reincarnation. Did he by chance figured it out? But how?'

"Well I am happier that the princess does not have to Clover seal."

'Huh? Why? Doesn't this world treat the seal people like special?'

"Now, if we can absolutely confirm that the seal will not manifest on princess's body, then she will be free from the fate of the prophecy."

'fate?'

"That would be great, then I can send her away, far away from here. I can sell her off to a family in another continent"

'What sell me off?'

"That would be for the best."

'What?! I thought you were on my side?'

The big man stood up and went back to his office and sat down on his desk to continue on his work. Kaleid quietly clean up the untouched teas and snacks.

I just watch the two men and fell on a long daze. I sat down to rest my legs, and stay in the crib like a stone.

'This is my reality. They will raise me and sell me off like a livestock.'

It hurts, for the short moment I have been with this people, I actually grown some affection for them. I assumed that it will be alright from now on.

'Will he had treat me different if the person who had given birth to me, still alive?'

I feel my inside gone Cold.

The butler open the window to let in a small breeze.

The wind brush my cheeks and reminded me of the garden we went yesterday. The cold voice of the woman who said her farewells and her cold embrace feels like an event that never happened now. I closed my eyes.

'You have to have heart of a stone. Have a heart of a stone, live without expecting anything, and then feel no more sadness.'