you spot the black haired ravenclaw gathered on a bench with her friends. but what saddened you even more was that cedric was there too, seated right beside her.

"what a disappointment to the y/h house," she continued on.

"how'd she even get on the team?"

you shake your head, practically fuming in that moment as you harshly clench your fists, about to make cho see stars, until the sound of cedric's voice instantly stops you from going any further.

"cho, will you please... please, just stop already!" his voice was surprisingly harsh and it made you almost jump, cho and her group of friends around her included.

"excuse me! cedric, baby, wha-"

"y/n deserved that win! how dare you accuse her of cheating! she got the snitch because she just so happens to be amazing at quidditch and has been working on it for years!"

"i don't think you could do any better!"

your eyes widen as you watch the encounter fold before you, cho's entire face turning red from embarrassment.

"shit, love, i'm sorry that came out wrong, wait," he finally says after the awkward silence, pressing a hand to his forehead.

cho only scoffs, turning her heel to walk the other way, her friends quickly following behind. you bite your lip, watching a distressed cedric sigh in defeat, now by himself though you quietly turn your back, hurrying away to the y/h common room to think.

but after what felt like only an hour of
practicing spells by yourself, a not so loud whisper interrupts your studying.

"hey!"

"hermione!?" you whisper-shout back at your friend, surprised.

"what are you doing i thought you were in the library?" you ponder, confused of her whereabouts.

"did you hear?" she asks, completely ignoring the first question as you roll your eyes.

"mione, what are you even going on about?" you wonder as she doesn't say anything for a moment before finally speaking back up.

"it's about cedric..." she says as you instantly perk up from hearing his name.

"he and cho broke up," she whispers slowly as you gulp, the palms of your hands becoming clammy.

you pause before clearing your throat.

"well i'm sure they'll be just fine," you respond quickly, closing your book and heading out of the common room without another word, blocking out the calls of hermione shouting your name.

———————

for the next few days you hadn't been able to sleep, let alone focus in class as your brain felt like it was constantly spinning.

you'd been spending all of your time at the quidditch field to try avoiding any social interaction, though even then you couldn't get your mind straight.

but one day as you were beginning to fast walk over to the field, a voice you knew all to well called out for you to stop.

you mentally cursed to yourself for having the urge to stop walking though you ignore those thoughts, and him, walking even faster.

"y/n please," you hear his voice trail behind as you grit your teeth.

"y/n if you could please just listen to what i have to say, i'm begging you love," he pleads until you finally whip your head around to face him.