you

warnings: fluff, swearing, sadness

summary: soulmate! au where the first words your soulmate says to you will appear on your wrist when you turn 16

you remember the day as if it were yesterday.

the day you had been waiting for since the day your eyes had fluttered open to experience life for the very first time.

your sixteenth birthday.

on the day of y/b, you excitedly waisted no time to roll your sleeve up your arm, eager to see whatever sort of words were imprinted on your wrist.

but your wide smile had slowly made its way into a frown when you had read the black ink.

"thank you." were the words staring back up at you.

"thank you, thank you, thank you."

the image of those tiny words were  engraved in your mind as you repeated them out loud to yourself, over and over. you let out a loud, defeated sigh, frustration taking over your emotions.

are you fucking kidding me? you think. i've waited my whole life for the words "thank you" to appear on my bloody wrist?!"

your mind wanders toward the other students who had gotten their tattoo, thinking of all of their impressive first words, wishing some interesting phrase like there's were on your wrist instead.

you remembered an older ravenclaw, who had burst into the great hall proudly, showing everyone her inked skin.

"i bet you five galleons i could kick their fat ass," is what was printed on her wrist. everyone was so happy for the giddy ravenclaw, and boy were you even more excited for your very own soulmate's first words to appear.

man i sure as hell hope my soulmate is as funny as hers! you had thought to yourself.

you groan, grabbing your house robe with a sigh.

"thank you;..."

throughout the day you made sure to be aware of your surroundings, just in case you'd be finding the love of your life, of course.

it was currently a free period, and you were waiting for hermione in the griffyndor common room as the two of you were great friends, and usually did your studies together.

right now you were practicing for charms, gripping your wand and swaying it, speaking the spells under your breath with boredom. you hear the sound of a boys voice when you realize that boy had taken the seat directly across from you. you finally put your wand down, looking up to see who it was.