sunshine

warnings: fluff, angst, swearing, mentions of death

summary: a short story of the forbidden love between cedric and slytherin! reader

y/n was a slytherin. ambitious, cunning, sly, sometimes bitchy, but above all, she could also be kind and loving under her thick skin when it came to certain people.

you were attempting to study in the slytherin common room when you sensed a certain pair of redheads huddling above you.

"aw, miss me already gred and forge?" you say with a smirk, eyes still glued to your studies. fred let's out an exasperating gasp, pulling out a chair to your right as george swings his hand over your shoulder on your left, taking a seat.

"hell no, y/n, we're just here to deliver a message is all." fred grins as george snickers.

"what are you fools going on about?" you say, playfully pushing george off of you as you glare at a few other slytherins who were giving your friends dirty looks.

"a certain hufflepuff wanted us to tell you to meet him up at the astronomy tower after dark." fred whispers, loud enough for only yours ears to hear.

you blush a deep red, eyes widening. does he know? you think to yourself, a look of horror painted on your face.

"alright then, brilliant." you tell the twins as they just pat your back, heading out of the room leaving you to your thoughts until the evening.

~

cedric waited for you anxiously, the cold wind blowing throughout his entire body. he shivered, rewrapping his yellow scarf tighter to his neck, stopping abruptly when he here's your footsteps. he turns your way, gulping.

she's so damn unbelievably stunning in the moonlight. he thinks to himself, admiring your beautiful s/c glowing skin, your perfectly structured face, the way your e/c eyes sparkled when he made eye contact, and the way your slightly pink lips curved into a slight smirk when you realized he was staring.

cedric blushes a deep red, looking down at his feet as you head over next to him, staring out at the night sky.

"you know it was quite impossible for me to sneak past mcgonahall," you tell the still blushing boy beside you. in this moment you take the time to admire his features.

he's literally so perfect; you think to yourself. even his fucking side profile is a sight i'd kill to wake up to...

"oh, well i- i better make this quick then," cedric stutters, break you from your thoughts.

"you been to professor slughorn's class right?" he begins, and you gulp, nodding slowly. "alright so you know, then." he says awkwardly, scratching his hair.

"know what, cedric?" you ask impatiently.

"y/n i smelled you in my amorentia." he whispers quickly as you let out a gasp, thinking he was for sure lying.