3am

warnings: just extreme tooth rotting fluff, some swearing

summary: you can't fall asleep so you head to cedric's dorm :)

the time marked nearly three in the morning, yet here you were, knocking on cedric's dorm door because you really just couldn't stay away from him for a single night

the time marked nearly three in the morning, yet here you were, knocking on cedric's dorm door because you really just couldn't stay away from him for a single night. or in this case, five hours.

the door in front of you swung open, making you jump in place as you hear your hufflepuff boyfriend let out a low chuckle at your actions.

"i knew it was you," he says in a calming tone, looking into your eyes with a precious smile.

you immediately make eye contact, staring into his hazel grey eyes while trying your best not to look down at his ripped torso.

"baby, i'm so so sorry for waking you, i just can't fall sleep and-"

"shshshhhshush," cedric interrupts your rant, bringing a finger to your lips while instantly pulling you into his dorm and gently closing the door behind.

"you don't need to apologize love, i was up this whole time thinking about you," he grins, letting his bare back hit the covers of his bed, scooting over to the side to give you room.

"looks like you missed me too, huh darling?" he says, sending you a wink.

you nod, feeling your cheeks get warm at his comments though you shyly crawl into his bed to lay beside him, smiling when he holds out his arms out for you to rest on his chest.

you immediately melt into his embrace, sighing deeply at the feeling of warmth coming before you.

"you look so cute in my shirt by the way," cedric smirks as you feel your heart melt.

"...and my sweatpants." he adds, making you laugh.

"yeah, i guess we're matching," you reply, referring to his similar pajama bottoms of choice as he gives you a loving smile before playfully kissing all over your neck.

"cedric, that tickles!" you laugh, trying to swat him away but he only grasps onto you tighter, laughing at your struggles.

"you're so fucking adorable," cedric confesses after he'd stopped his taunting.

you roll your eyes but crack another smile once you feel him cuddle up to you once more.

the two of you lay in silence for a bit, reminiscing your day and listening to each other's breathing until you clear your throat.

"hey thanks again for today by the way, that cake was amazing." you say silently, gesturing to the surprise picnic date cedric had planned for you earlier in the day.

you could practically sense the grin on his face without even looking at the brunette boy.

you turn to press a kiss to his cheek, smiling when you see him flush a light pink, clear even in the dim light.

"of course love, i always want to spend time with you." he responds genuinely, staring into your eyes as he starts to play with your h/c hair, twirling it with his fingers.

"me too, baby," you agree.

"but i didn't know you were so skilled in cake decorating."

you say jokingly, remembering his sloppy frosting work and barely readable "i love you," messily piped in y/f/c onto the heart shaped tiered cake.

cedric only scoffs childishly, nuzzling his nose into the crook of your neck as you laugh loudly.

"at least it tasted good right?" he pouts as you smile, pecking his lips.

"of course it did love. we literally ate the whole thing." you chuckle, shifting your body.

you can't help but let out a sudden yawn as cedric places a kiss on your nose, a look of adoration in his eyes.

"finally getting sleepy, hmmm?" he says softly as you nod, trying your best not to shut your eyes completely.

"i fall asleep easily when i'm in your arms," you reply as he gives you another award winning, cheeky smile.

"oh i'm sorry, do i bore you princess?" he teases, starting to poke at your sides as you giggle lightly, repeatedly shaking your head.

"no, i don't mean it like that!" you respond abruptly as cedric raises his eyebrow.

"you just make me feel safe is all," you confess truthfully, bringing your hand up to brush the fallen auburn hair out of your boyfriends face.

cedric immediately felt a field of butterflies swarming in his chest and his heart pound from your words while his gaze softened.

"you make me feel safe too, y/n/n." he murmurs sweetly, leaning in to press a trail of kisses from your jawline to your ear while holding you even closer to him if it was possible.

"mm getting sleepy, too." he whispers into your ear as you giggle, allowing his hands to rest comfortably around you, your bodies both on one side as you face each other.

you feel your eyelids close almost all the way, though you can almost still sense cedric's beaming gaze on yours, making you open your eyes again.

"you okay ced?" you ask worriedly as he hums in response, not bothering to hide the fact he was bluntly inspecting every feature on your face.

"just wondering how in merlin i got so lucky." he says breathlessly, titling your chin up with his index finger to gently pull you in for a kiss.

you feel your heartbeat accelerate as you grab a hold of his hair, running your fingers through his scalp as the two of you kiss with such passion.

"you're just so unbelievably beautiful," he mumbles against your lips as you feel your heart swell from all his compliments.

"i love you so much, cedric." you say once the two of you had pulled away.

"and i'm in love with you, y/n." he replies, holding you to his chest as he rests his chin on the top of your head.

you smile, listening carefully to both your hearts beating in-sync, allowing your fingertips to lightly graze his bicep.

"goodnight sweetheart," he finally announces with a yawn, ready to dream of you in his slumber as he gently rubs your back.

"goodnight ced." you breath out tiredly, shutting your eyes while snuggling into his protective grasp.

a/n: y'all I AM SO SORRY for the hiatus. school and other issues have been kicking my ass so forgive me for this extremely short and shitty imagine. i'm just publishing a bunch of my untouched drafts for now. but anyways thank you guys so much for all the support on this book!!! i love you all and look out for another imagine coming soon <3