the set up

warnings: swearing, tooth rotting fluff, [friends to lovers]

summary: in which your idiot best friends get involved with your love life...

"george!! fred!!! you dumb fucks!" you shouted angrily, frantically storming through the hall as the identical red heads only giggled immaturely at your calls, galloping faster ahead of you

curse their abnormally long legs!!!

"i'm gonna fucking kill you carrot heads!" you snap, fuming with rage, raising your fists in the air as you practically fly past the crowd of students who were looking at you weirdly.

that is, until, you're suddenly rammed into a much taller and muscular figure, your chests colliding with one another harshly.

"shit, i'm so sorry y/n, you alright?" a soft yet familiar voice speaks up, concerned for your well being as your heart flutters from his tone.

"oh yes, i'm completely fine sitting down here on my ass," you say jokingly as cedric raises his eyebrows in surprise at your obvious sarcasm.

"woke up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?" he says, using his hand to pull you back up on your feet.

you immediately take his hand, feeling your insides stir from the simple touch or his fingertips grazing over yours.

"no cedric i'm sorry that came out wrong," you mumble with guilt as he gives you a forgiving smile.

"what'd they do to you this time?" the hufflepuff chuckles, referring to your best friends as you roll your eyes, scoffing bitterly.

"those assholes put live beetles in my bag! actual. fucking. bugs!" you complain, holding out your bag toward cedric as he stumbles back at the mention of the insects.

"don't worry, they're all gone... hopefully." you gulp as cedric lets out a breath of relief, dusting off his pants with a grin.

"..but my first class was with professor snape, and he minused points from y/h/n because when i first opened my bag, i screamed so loud, he blamed me for causing an interruption!!" you huff out angrily, jaw dropping when you notice cedric trying to compose himself.

"are you laughing at me?" you say irritatedly as cedric raises his hands up in defense.

"darling, that's a really cruel prank but the main thing is that you didn't get hurt-"

"cedric, mate!" fred's booming voice calls out, rudely interrupting the brunette boy's speech as you clench your jaw at the tall redhead, your cheeks still burning up from cedric's choosing of nicknames.

"doesn't y/n look absolutely ravishing today!" george finishes with an exaggerated wink, resting his arm on fred's shoulder as your eyes widen at the two in horror.