drunk confessions

warnings: swearing, jealousy, fluff (ced being a protective bby)

summary: cedric takes care of the reader when they're drunk (lets just say that they are both of age hehe)

cedric diggory had been your best friend since the day you could walk on two feet.

both of your parents were friends and of course that had meant that you and hogwarts golden boy would blossom a friendship of your own. from the moment you both had received your letters, you'd been inseparable in school, practically everyone knowing you two were close.

and even though you both had made other friends over the years your relationship with each other was still very much evident and you'd always manage to make time to hang out. wether it be walking from class to class together, sitting next to each other at every meal, or practice spells, it was apparent to see you two were attached at the hip.

but of course, as you had both grown up together, cedric couldn't deny that how he felt about you was clearly more than a feeling of being just friends.

he knew he was falling hard when he'd catch himself staring at you in class and was always longing to be close to you.

maybe it was something about the way your lashes would flutter in class when you would concentrate, or the way you'd always ask if he was okay, being a shoulder for him to cry on.

and the way you'd cheer him on during every quidditch match? man that sure managed to make his heart flutter every time.

there was no doubt in cedrics mind that he was falling in love with his childhood best friend.

but there's no way in azakaban he'd ever let you find out.

"y/n!" you whip your head around in the middle of the hallway, grinning when you see a pair of fiery headed twins, slyly smirking.

"you still on for tonight?" fred whispers lowly, his face close to yours.

"duh." you reply as they both high five in unison.

"this party is going to be legendary," fred says dramatically as you giggle.

"you sure you've got the everything all under control?" you ask, eyebrow raised with your arms crossed.

"oh yeah, we paid some random sixth years to distract the bloody teachers and such," they both shrug.

"plus we'll all have our wands just for some pumpkin juice needing to be spiked," fred winks as you roll your eyes.

"well, i'll see you guys later after i go make myself look hot as fuck!" you reply, sticking your tongue out as the twins cheer you on.