forever and more

warnings: angst, yelling, swearing

summary: part two to "quidditch tryouts"

"and... it looks like y/n, l/n has caught the snitch!!!!" the loud speaker blared out as roaring cheers from the y/h stands block your hearing.

you hold your broom proudly up in the air, tears of joy threatening to spill out of your eyes, overwhelmed by your first win as your team whoops and shouts your name.

after weeks of hard labor and long, restless nights, you were finally feeling genuinely happiness.

but while heading out of the field, side by side with your teammates, you'd managed to find those familiar pair of hazel grey eyes staring directly at you in the stands, recognizable even through the busy crowd around him.

then suddenly for a second or two, time had stopped and every loud noise had faded as your breaths became heavier, heart thumping even faster.

he was what looked like clapping, his lips curled into a proud, yet sympathetic smile. his face softened when he realized you'd caught him staring though you were to shocked to stop yourself.

"y/n!"

you quickly snap out of your trance, ignoring the butterflies swarming in your stomach as you meet the eyes of a grinning oliver wood waving a hand in front of your face.

"you alright y/n/n?" he asks, an eyebrow raised and accent thick.

"you were looking a little pale just now." he speaks worriedly.

"just a bit hungry," you spit out, giving him a smile as he nods.

"well i wanted to congratulate you on your first win. i mean by the way you just effortlessly flew out there, it was absolutely brilliant!" he compliments as you feel your cheeks heat up.

"thank you!" you beam, flinging your arms around the brunette gryffindor.

"but i wouldn't have done it without all of your help after hours," you laugh pulling away from the quick hug as he smiles shyly.

"i don't think you really need my help anymore than, huh?" he ponders as you laugh.

"don't even try getting rid of me yet! i'll meet you back here next week!" you call out, heading the opposite way as he gives you a thumbs up.

moments after your big win, you finally step out of the locker rooms, feeling nice and cleaned up as you make your way into the hall. that is, until you hear a familiar voice say your name.

"pathetic, that l/n, she probably just got special lessons from oliver or something to cheat," the specific voice of cho chang spat out.

your jaw drops from her sickening words as you quickly stop yourself from walking, hiding behind a large structure.