Chapter 29

The others left quickly once they figured Allison's father wouldn't answer his phone.
"You must've visited a lot, you're scent was all over my loft including Aiden and Ethan's" Derek raises his eyebrows cockily, I roll my eyes and fold my arms across my chest.
"Yeah, okay, I did. Mainly after the bond got lost, that way I knew you had or hadn't return" I explain, Derek smirks at me.
"I should get home, stiles will be wondering where I am" I notice my reflection in the window, the neon paint still exactly where it was applied.
"You with him now? Didn't think he was you're um...type" Derek chuckles with one of his beautifully rare smiles.
"Why, you jealous? Anyway who says I have a type?" I glide towards the door, although not turning my back on Derek.
"Get home" Derek rolls his eyes, I bite my lip whilst smiling to myself.
He's back. Derek's finally back.
Once I return home I shake the giddy feeling from my system.
I past stiles's room to watch him pacing up and down,
"What's wrong?" I enter through the door hesitantly, he raises his right hand to show me a odd key on his keys.
"This opens the chemistry closet in the school" he informs me,
"And?" I ask not quite getting what the point is. Stiles sighs and slouches down on his bed.
"Someone put the key on my keychain, I thought they wrote the message to kill Kira on the board but I was wrong. The hand writing proved that it was me, I ordered barrow to kill Kira. I opened the closet for him and I wanted him to kill Kira yet I don't remember" stiles murmurs quietly, I kneel down in front of him placing my heads on his knees.
"Stiles I'm sure you didn't, someone must've just pulled a prank on you by putting the key with yours. Don't think about it too much, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation I mean why would you want to kill Kira?" I calm him, stiles shakes his head miserably.
"I don't know, but it was me, there's something wrong with me" stiles buries his hands through his hair, I rise to my feet.
"No, you're wrong. I know you haven't been sleeping to avoid the nightmares don't think I don't know, you're just tired" I whisper before heading to the bathroom to wash the paint from my body/Face.
Stiles drives us to school fortunately we don't bring up the conversation about Barrow and Kira.
"I'll see you later" I squeeze stiles's hand gently before disappearing off to my locker like most days.
Lessons didn't go by easy, stiles wasn't in them by the time lunch hit I had to find Scott.
"Scott, where's stiles?" I clutch onto his arm to stop him from walking away,
"I don't know, probably at home, I told him to get some sleep" Scott informs me whilst looking over at Kira whom is across the hallway.
"Okay, that's all I need to know" I allow him to carry on walking, I sigh irritably, I'm worrying more than I should.
I shake away the feeling of anxiety then make my way to the cafeteria, whilst staring directly at the last slice of pizza I crash into a colliding body.
"Watch where you're going!" I hiss, I look up at the mystery person, I close my eyes and take one step backwards.
"Ira" he smirks, I open one eye and smile cringing ever so.
"You're the boy I kissed last night" I point out, the boy chuckles.
"Yeah, my name is David" he winks, I give him a thumbs up
"Well David, I'm just going to go now." I spin on my heels before taking off to the girls bathroom.
I lean against the sink, gazing into the mirror.
Great, mystery hottie turns out to be a guy in my school.
I splash cold water on my forehead.
"Now I just have to avoid him, then he'll get it was a one night thing" I grumble under my breath; I carry out normally the rest of the day however I no longer have a ride home.
I drag my feet along the sidewalk to the parking lot, a burst of happiness urges through me when the twins are about to drive off.
"Aiden, give me a ride?" I flash a smile, he nods his head gesturing me to hop on.
I wrap my arms around his torso.
He and Ethan drop me at mine.
"Bye guys" I jog over to the house, I twitch my head to hear if anyone's home however they aren't.
I drop my rucksack inside then smoothly shift into a wolf, I try and catch stiles's scent, it's weird it doesn't smell right. Like he's not alone.
During my time of tracking stiles I feel something through the bond as if Derek needs me.
My corse changes, I arrive outside Scott's house. Derek is off to the side watching Scott sitting with Kira.
"What are we doing?" I question, Derek presses his finger to his lips to hush me.
"Scott's in danger, they won't stop until they get to Scott" Derek whispers, I smile softly.
"I didn't know you cared so much" I tease, Derek shoots me a short warning glare, I notice Scott's father enter the house.
"Derek it's getting dark" I warn him, Derek nods.
"I know, that's why it's perfect timing" he pounces inside the house when we spot the warrior looking men.
Within an instant reaction I'm there beside him fully shifted.
I manage to get one of the foes on the floor, I snap at the masked face, clawing at its chest until I feel the sword impale my chest.
I whimper as I'm thrown across the room, my back hits the wall causing me to shift back to human form.
I wince whilst healing as I rise to my feet.
Aiden and Ethan arrive, I go to lunge out once again but Melissa McCall, stops me by throwing the mountain ash as a shield to protect us inside whilst the supernatural men are outside.
"Everyone okay?" I glance around to make sure everyone is inside the ash.
"Yeah" Aiden answers for them, I watch Kira touch the shield being repelled when she does.
"All the baseboard are ashwood?" Derek moves his way to Scott,
"Uh, yeah, deaton's idea. Where the hell did you come from with Ira as well?!" Scott switches his eyes between Derek and I.
"I've been following you" Derek admits. "for how long?" Scott furrows his eyebrows in confusion.
"All day" Derek answers truthfully then walks off.
"In all fairness, Derek needed me and I came so I guess it's just luck for me" I raise my hand, Scott sighs then staggers over to his bleeding out father.
"Derek, got any ideas, his dad won't make it all night." I rejoin him,
"No, still thinking about it" Derek runs his hand through his locks, I waltz into the living room.
"...So what are you?" Is all I hear of the conversation between the twins and Kira.
"She's a kitsune, idiot, use your eyes, you can see it all around her" Derek startles me.
"Are you always so quiet?" I groan.
"The younger ones give off an aurora, she just hasn't learnt how to conceal it yet, she probably doesn't know what kind she is either" Derek explains ignoring my remark.
"So what? She's a fox? Good or bad? What types are there Derek?" I ask,
"There are thirteen different kinds" Derek says, I groan louder then waltz into the kitchen.
"I'll leave y'all to talk" I wave myself off, I open the fridge pulling out some ice cream.
Let's see, Derek, Aiden and Ethan are here to protect Scott, Scott is here to protect Kira, his mom is here because she lives here and his dad is dying, what am I doing here? Helping everyone? Nope.
I'm here eating ice cream.
I almost drop my ice cream when I notice the men almost managing to merge through the shield.
"Scott! We got a plan yet?!" I call over,
"Allison just said they're called the Oni that all they want is to check if we have a dark spirit. They won't hurt us!" Scott explains,
"well we are going to have to do something!" Derek interrupts, my jaw drops as the Oni break through the ash wood shield.
"Don't do anything" Scott demands, I shrink backwards with a spoonful of ice cream in my cheek.
I watch carefully as the Oni check Scott and Kira for the dark spirit.
Derek mentioned something about a nogitsune earlier whilst I was in the kitchen, it's like a bad version of a kitsune.
"Now can we get the dying agent to a hospital?" I ask whilst an eruption of worried faces surround Scott.
"I'll phone, sheriff Stilinski" Melissa dials the number within a second.
The ambulance arrives.
"I'm heading home" I scoff, if stiles is at the hospital like Melissa said then he should be fine.
On the other hand, myself is in need for some rest.
Today has not been as normal as I hoped.